Instructors: How to embed Kaltura content in your course
This guide will show you how to embed Kaltura media content in Canvas that you have uploaded/saved to your My Media.
Kaltura content can be embedded in Canvas in any area where you may be typing or editing using the Canvas rich content editor (RCE).
Video, audio, and image files from My Media (Kaltura) may be embedded in a Canvas page, assignment, discussion, quiz question, announcement, or anywhere the rich content editor box displays in Canvas:
- Create or edit the item (page, discussion, etc.) where you wish to embed the media.
In the RCE toolbar, click the Apps
- Click Embed Kaltura Media.
- Browse your Kaltura Media. Click Embed next to the item that you would like to embed. You can also Add New content at this time, then select the new content to embed.
- Save the item and publish it when you are ready for your students to view the content.
- Click the Play button on the video displaying to confirm that it displays and runs correctly.