The Dispositions of the Effective Educator
As a Reflective Practitioner, the Teacher Candidate will demonstrate a commitment to Performance, Professionalism, and Partnership by achieving the following goals:
- Exhibit an in-depth mastery of content knowledge.
- Use a variety of evidence-based instructional strategies to enable all learners to master content and its application.
- Use multiple methods of assessment to engage learners, monitor learner progress, and guide decision making to make data-informed decisions.
- Provide equitable learning opportunities for all learners.
- Create and maintain an environment for learning through effective classroom management and organization.
- Evaluate and integrate appropriate technology resources to facilitate student learning.
- Adhere to a professional code of ethics and provide a positive role model to students and others in the profession.
- Recognize students’ unique prior knowledge, life experiences, cultural differences, and interests as part of the context for student learning.
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth through reflection, seeking constructive feedback, and willingness to learn from others and past experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods.
- Collaborate with other professionals to improve the overall learning of students.
- Utilize a wide variety of resources in the school, family, culture, and community to facilitate student learning.