About the Program
The Office of Study Abroad program application deadline is Monday, November 14, 2022, 11pm.
For students accepted to this cohort, the Office of Study Abroad forms are due December 15, 2022. The ISA application will be due January 15, 2023.
Program participants complete an eight-week internship between May - July in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The research component is determined by several factors including the internship location, site supervisor, and the student’s research interests. Regardless of the site location, all internships focus on learning and applying research & business skills to the work experience. UTC students selected for this program will live together in apartment-style housing in Ho Chi Minh City.
Note: Students selected to participate in this program must complete Office for URaCE pre-internship & research training (to be completed virtually before the internship commences), and additional activities during the experience.
Student Applicants must:
- Be current, degree seeking undergraduate students in good academic standing.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Successfully complete all application steps listed below.
Before You Apply:
Make certain you meet the eligibility requirements listed above. See this slide deck for more information about this program including details regarding cost and academic credit.
If you plan on applying, you’ll need to follow the steps, as detailed, below:
Step 1: Start a UTC study abroad application by navigating to the following website: utcstudyabroad.via-trm.com/program_brochure/15156.
Step 2: Once on this page, click “View Term” under the Program Highlights section.
Step 3: Click “Apply Now” under the Summer 2023 term.
Step 4: You’ll be taken to a “Welcome!” page that will prompt you to log-in (“Go to Portal”). Once you click on “Go to Portal” you’ll want to log-in with your UTC ID and password.
You may be asked to complete a program match survey – you’re more than welcome to do that, if interested.
Step 5: The “Research Internship in Vietnam” application will ask you several questions but shouldn’t take you too long to complete (make sure you spend time giving thoughtful consideration as to why you’re applying for this program and what you hope to learn from the experience abroad).
Once you’ve completed the application and submitted it, the appropriate UTC department(s) will review your application and provide you with an update regarding your status in the cohort.
Note: Students selected to participate in this program must complete the Office for URaCE pre-internship & research training (to be completed virtually before the internship commences), and additional activities during the experience.
Prior to the Internship
- Complete research/internship Canvas training modules prior to departure for Vietnam. (Specific dates TBA)
- Attend orientation and program related meetings prior to departure for Vietnam. (Specific dates TBA)
During the Internship
- Follow UTC policies and code of conduct.
- Follow ISA Study Abroad policies and code of conduct.
- Successfully fulfill all responsibilities and requirements of the internship experience.
At the Conclusion of the Internship
- Submit post-experience materials to the Office for URaCE.
- Present research internship findings during the Virtual UTC Fall Research Conference in August 2023, and the 2024 UTC Spring Research and Arts Conference (for students registered for class during the spring 2024 semester).
- Complete Office of Study Abroad Post-Study Abroad Scholarship Requirements.