The Engineering Gift Fund provides much needed resources for the College of Engineering and Computer Science to use throughout the academic year. Each year, the dean encounters planned and unplanned needs, like maintaining the college's labs or helping a student with financial assistance.
Examples of what this fund covers include:
- Merit scholarships – 10 undergraduate students at $1,000 each, or equal to $10,000 total.
- Graduate research fellowships – four students at $25,000 each, or equal to $100,000 total.
- Faculty development – conferences and travel for four faculty members at $1,875 each, or equal to $7,500 total.
- Technology and lab support – to upgrade one lab at $30,000 each, or equal to $90,000 total.
- Student development – conferences and travel for five students at $1,000 each, or equal to $5,000 total.