Thank you for your interest in the Leadership and Instructional Practice Doctoral Program (Ed.D.). We are not currently accepting applications. Due to the cohort nature of the program, applications are accepted during a prescribed timeframe, typically December through February, for each incoming Summer cohort. The next opportunity to apply will be December 2021 through February 2022 for the Summer 2022 cohort. New cohorts are currently admitted in Summer only.
If you would like to be added to our list of prospective applicants to future cohorts, please select the LEAD Inquiry Form link below.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in an organizational/institutional setting, preferably in a leadership role
- Completed Graduate School Application
- Non-refundable application fee (first time UTC Graduate students only
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended, even if a degree was not awarded)
- Completed Program Application
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume/CV
- Three (3) recommendations (using the online form provided to recommenders)
- Application Self-Service Center
- Sign in to the Self-Service Center (link: Self-Service Center) to continue working on a saved application or to check status of submitted application materials.
Admission Process (Summer 2021 cohort)
Please refer to the Admission Timeline below. Following the review of complete applications in March, the Program Office will contact select applicants via email to schedule an interview to be held via video conference in mid-April. Applicants will be notified of admission status by May 1 via email. New cohort members will enroll in a required foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation (1 credit hour), during the initial Summer semester. The hybrid foundational course includes two required synchronous face-to-face meetings on June 5 and July 24 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and material work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings. In Summer 2021, the face-to-face synchronous meetings for LEAD 7000 will be held via Zoom video conference. Specific Summer enrollment information will be distributed by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Admission Timeline (Summer 2021 cohort)
- December 2020 - February 2021: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
- February 26, 2021: Application deadline (Summer 2021 cohort)
- March 2021: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
- Mid-April 2021: The admission evaluation process continues and interviews are conducted via video conference
- May 1, 2021: Applicants are notified of admission status by May 1 and specific Summer 2021 foundational course information (LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation – 1 credit hour) is distributed to accepted participants
- Summer 2021: Enrollment in foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation. Course activities include two required synchronous face-to-face meetings on June 5 and July 24 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and material work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings. In Summer 2021, the face-to-face synchronous meetings for LEAD 7000 will be held virtually via Zoom video conference.
- Fall 2021: Core course enrollment begins asynchronously online (6 credit hours)