Yu (Hugh) Liang
B. Eng (CS), M. Eng (CS), Ph.D.(CS), and Ph.D. (Applied Math.)
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Dept. 2302 EMCS-314E, 615 McCallie Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598, USA
Dr. Yu Liang is currently working at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of University of Tennessee at Chattanooga as an Associate Professor. His funded research projects cover the following areas: big-data and cloud computing, modeling and simulation, high-performance scientific and engineering computing, numerical linear algebra, the processing and analytics of large-scale sensory data, and computational mechanics. His research work has appeared in various prestigious journals, book or book chapters, and refereed conference, workshop, and symposium proceedings. He owns one technical pattern that is registered at Univ. of Tennessee Research Foundation (UTRF). Dr. Liang is serving in the International Journal of Security Technology for Smart Device (IJSTSD), Journal of Mathematical Research and Applications (JMRA), and Current Advances in Mathematics (CAM) as an editorial board member.
- 08/04-08, 2017: Program Committee Member, The 2017 IEEE International Conference on Smart City Innovations (August 4-8, 2017, San Francisco, USA, http://ieee-smartworld.org/2017/sci/).
- 06/07/2017: Book Chapter "Civil Infrastructure Serviceability Evaluation Based on Big Data " in "Guide to Big Data" (Springer Publishing) was published.
- 05/15/2017, Stuart (MS), Trey (MS), Chris (Freshman), Dax(Freshman), Alay (Senior), and Suhail (Senior) joined the research group. The former group member Nada (MS) just graduated in May. Group member Peter (Freshman) won the 2017 Summer internship of ORNL.
- 01/20/2017, College of Engineering and Computer Science Seminar, "Big-Data-Enabled Structural Health Monitoring of Aging Bridges Nationwide".
- 11/18/2016-11/24/2016, final round of the Third International Innovation and Enterpriship Competition, Shanghai, China.
- 09/06/2016, our paper entitled "Big Data-enabled Multiscale Serviceability Analysis about Aging Bridges" (DOI: 10.1016/j.dcan.2016.05.002 ) was awarded as the top-five most downloaded paper in Elsvier journal "Digital Communications and Networks" .
- 07/2016, new NSF funding (#1647175): US Ignite: Collaborative Research: Focus Area 1: Fiber Network for Mapping, Monitoring and Managing Underground Urban Infrastructure, $299,884, 01/01/2017 - 12/31/2019.
- 08/27/2016: "Virtual Tai-Chi Rehabilitation System", 3rd Place in the Second Southeast US-China Innovation and Enterpriship Competition, Atlanta, Georgia.
- 09/03/2015: The research proposal entitled "I-Math: An Interdisciplinary Math Training Platform", has been officially awarded by National Science Foundation: Mathematical and Physical Sciences (NSF Proposal Number: 1520672), $500,000 (09/01/2015-08/31/2018).
- 08/26/2015: Presentation entitled “Virtual TaiJi System - An Innovative Modality for Rehabilitation”, Annual BSEC Conference at Oak Ridge National Laboratory Collaborative Biomedical Innovations, 08/25-27, 2015 (URL: https://www.ornl.gov/bsec_conferences/2015).
- 08/12/2015: Co-presenter of the presentation entitled "Research Activities from Department of Computer Science and Engineering", UTC Federal Tour, 3:00-6:00pm, 08/12/2015.
- 07/31/2015: Presentation entitled "Introduction to Mobile Programming and Mobile OS", NSF-funded workshop "Capacity Building in Mobile Security through Curriculum and Faculty Development, Tuskegee University, 07/31/2015.
- 07/16/2015: Presentation entitled "Application of Big-Data in Civil Engineering", the 7th Venture Week for International Elites in Suzhou, Suzhou, China, 07.13-07/20/2015.
- 06/17/2015: Gave a talk entitled "Big Data: Generation, Extraction and Application to Aging Bridges", Street Talk: Exploring Big Data & Analytics, First Annual Conference, Franklin TN, June 17-18, 2015 .
- 07/10/2015: Newly accepted paper --- “Virtual TaiJi System - An Innovative Modality for Rehabilitation”, Annual BSEC Conference at Oak Ridge National Laboratory Collaborative Biomedical Innovations, 08/25-27, 2015 (URL: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352648318300564).
- 07/07/2015: Newly awarded research grant --- "Virtual TaiJi System: an Innovative Rehabilitation Strategy", $8,000, UTC CRISP, 07/2015.
- 04/20/2015: Newly published paper --- “An agent-based mathematical model about carp aggregation ", Proc. SPIE 9486, Advanced Environmental, Chemical, and Biological Sensing Technologies XII, 94860Q (May 13, 2015); doi:10.1117/12.2180323; http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2180323.
- GoogleScholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=SfksDEYAAAAJ&hl=en
- CSE-UT Webpage: http://www.utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/profiles/computer-science-engineering/faculty/kcy946.php
- Ph.D. / Appl. Math (8/98-7/01, 09/05), Univ. of Ulster (UK), directed by J. Weston, M. Szularz and D. Bustard. Thesis: The Use of Parallel Polynomial Preconditioner in the Solution of Systems of Linear Equations.
- Ph.D. / Computer Science (9/95-7/98, 07/98), Chinese Academy of Sciences, directed by C. D. Han. Thesis: Timing-sequence based Test of Parallel Program.
- M.Eng / Computer Science (9/92-2/95, 02/95), Beijing University of Technology, directed by Y.W. Liang. Thesis: Accelerate the Test-generation of the combinational circuit by taking advantages of the associated structural laws.
- B.Eng / Computer Science and Technology (9/85-7/90, 07/90), Tsinghua University, directed by G.Z. Zhang. Thesis: Design and Research on Network Interface.
- Numerical linear algebra;
- Modeling and simulation;
- Data analytics and machine learning;
- Computational mechanics (Biomechanics, structural mechanics, computational fluid dynamics);
- Parallel and distributed computing;
- Big-data and cloud computing;
- Sensor and wireless sensor network;
- Hyper-spectral image and video processing;
- Fault-tolerance technique and software testing/validation.
- Associate Professor / Computer Science (08/13 – now, tenured in August 2016), Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Associate Professor /Computer Science (04/13-08/13), Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Central State University.
- Summer Faculty Fellow (05/2012-08/2012), Sensor Directorate, U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
- Summer Faculty Fellow (05/2011-08/2011), Sensor Directorate, U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
- Assistant Professor /Computer Science (08/07-04/13, tenured in August 2012), Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Central State University.
- Visiting Assistant Professor /Computer Science (08/06-08/07), Department of Software Engineering, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- Research Scientist / Computational Science (05/05-08/06), Center for Advanced Materials and Smart Structures (CAMSS), North Carolina A&T State University.
- PostDoc / Scientific Computing (08/02-05/05), Army High-performance Computing Research Center, University of Minnesota.
- PostDoc / Scientific Computing (08/01-08/02), Department of Computer Science, University of Minnesota.
- Co-PI (FY 2017-2019), US Ignite: Collaborative Research: Focus Area 1: Fiber Network for Mapping, Monitoring and Managing Underground Urban Infrastructure, Co-PI, National Science Foundation (#1647175), UTC: $299,884, 01/01/2017 - 12/31/2019.
- Co-PI (FY 2016-2017), Multiscale Serviceability Analysis and Assessment of Urban Infrastructure, Co-PI, Tennessee Higher Education Commission’s Center of Excellence in Applied Computational Science and Engineering (CEACSE), $95,610, 07/01/2016 - 06/30/2017.
- Co-PI (FY 2015-2018), I-Math: An Interdisciplinary Math Training Platform, $500,000, National Science Foundation: Mathematical and Physical Sciences (NSF Proposal Number: 1520672), 09/01/2015-08/31/2018.
- PI (FY 2015-2016), Virtual TaiJi System: an Innovative Rehabilitation Strategy, $8,000, UTC CRISP.
- PI (FY 2013-2016), Collaborative: TUES: Software Defined Radio Laboratory Platform for Enhancing Undergraduate Communication and Networking Curricula, $100,000, National Science Foundation: DUE Program (NSF Proposal Number: 1323340).
- Co-PI (FY 2013-2015),Application of Sensor Network, $100,000, National Science Foundation: Supplement Program (NSF Proposal Number: 1240734).
- Co-PI (FY 2013-2015), A Design Proposal for the Center of Cyber Sensor Networks for Human and Environmental Applications, $660K, National Science Foundation: Solicited Program (NSF Proposal Number: 1240734).
- PI (FY 2013-2018), Computational Methods in Fracture Mechanics, $75K/year, Minority Leader Program of U.S. Air Force (POC: Dr. Gregory A Schoeppner).
- PI (FY 2013-2014), A Self-Optimization and Cooperative Control Sensor Network and Its Application in Sensor-oriented Problems, $100K, Minority Leader Program of U.S. Air Force (POC: Mr. Darrell Barker).
- PI (FY 2012-2013), Enabling Technology in Computational Material Science, $75K, Minority Leader Program of U.S. Air Force (POC: Dr. Gregory A Schoeppner).
- PI (FY 2011-2012), High Performance Computing for Composite Manufacturing Process Modeling, $45K, Minority Leader Program of U.S. Air Force (POC: Dr. Gregory A Schoeppner).
- PI (summer of 2012), Application of Analogous Fluid-Dynamics-in-Porous-Medium Model in Crowd Motion Analysis, Summer Faculty Fellowship Program (SFFP) of U.S. Air Force (POC: Mr. Darrell Barker).
- Co-PI (FY 2012-2016), NSF RI: Large: Collaborative Research: A Robotic Network for Locating and Removing Invasive Carp from Inland Lakes, $220K for three years, National Science Foundation (NSF Proposal Number: 1111542).
- PI (Summer of 2011), Electronic Sandbox System, A State-of-Art Infrastructure for Layered Sensing Application, Summer Faculty Fellowship Program (SFFP) of U.S. Air Force (POC: Mr. Darrell Barker).
- PI (FY 2011-2013), Multiscale Motion Analysis, $50K, Minority Leader Program of U.S. Air Force (POC: Ms. Olga Mendoza-Schrock).
- Co-PI (FY 2010-2011),Predict Enemy’s Intention according to the Infrared Persistent Surveillance Data, $25K, Minority Leader Program of Air Force (POC: Ms. Olga Mendoza-Schrock).
- Co-PI (FY 2009-2010),Real-Time Detection ofImprovised Explosive Device Using Hyperspectral Image Processing Techniques, $50K, U.S. Air Force (POC: Ms. Olga Mendoza-Schrock).
- Primary Researcher (FY 2009-2010),Application of Hyperspectral Image Analysis for the GIS, $100K, QBase Inc.
- Voluntary Consultant (FY 2007-2009), Preprocess and Post-process for the Modeling/Simulation of Composite Structure (Contract No: N00014-07-C-0442), Navel Research, $118,718.
- Voluntary Consultant (FY 2007-2008), Fire Integrity in Advanced Ship Structures—Phase I (Contract No: N071-098-0648), DoD’s small business Innovation Research (SBIR), $100K.
- Voluntary Consultant (FY 2007-2009), Fire Integrity in Advanced Ship Structures—Phase II (Contract No: FA8650-07-C-5015), AF SBIR/STTR Solicitation 06.1, $750K.
RECENT PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Mathematical Research and Applications, http://www.academicpub.org/jmra/.
- Panel Expert for the Secondary Career-Technical Alignment Initiative (SCTAI), Ohio Board of Regents.
- Technique Program Committee member of the Embedded Computing and Systems Track,the 6th International Conference on Frontier of Computer Science and Technology (FCST 2011: http://trust.csu.edu.cn/conference/fcst2011/ )
- Symposium chairs of the 10th International Conference on Algorithm and Architectures for Parallel Processing (2010) (http://cse.stfx.ca/~ica3pp2010/)
- Publicity chair of the international conference on 2008 High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC-08), Dalian, China (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=4637650).
- Member of International Editorial Board (IEB) of the special issue of Wireless Personal Communications (indexed by SCIE) on “Information Security and data protection in Future Generation Communication and Networking”.
- Reviewer of Journal of Supercomputing (journal).
- Reviewer of Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics.
- Committee member of Statewide Users Group (SUG) of Ohio Supercomputer Center (http://www.osc.edu).
- Guest Editor/Reviewer of Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing.
- Reviewer of Supercomputing International Conference 2005 (SC’05), November 12-18 at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center, USA.
- Reviewer of Parallel Computing (journal).
- Reviewer / Division Chair for the 6th International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Scientific and Engineering Computing (IPDPS-PDSEC05), April 4-8, 2005 in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Y. Liang, DL. Wu, D. Huston, G. R. Liu, Y. Li, CL. Gao, J. Ma, Chapter 12: Civil Infrastructure Serviceability Evaluation Based on Big Data, in “Guide to Big Data Application”. Edited by S. Srinivasan. Springer Publishing. ISBN-13: 9783319538167, June 7th, 2017.
- Y. Liang, The Use of Parallel Polynomial Preconditioner: In the Solution of Systems of Linear Equations, ISBN-10:3659344494, ISBN-3: 978-3659344497, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- R. Mohan and Y. Liang, Chapter 10: Tensile and Flexural Deformation of Nickel Nanowires via Molecular Dynamics Simulations, Cutting Edge Nanotechnology. Edited by Dragica Vasileska. Intechweb.org, ISBN 978-953-7619-93-0, 2010.
- Y. Liang, Preface: An Introduction to UNIX System, 2004.
- Y. Liang, D. Wu, Z. Guo, C. Davis, D. Ledesma, R. Slaughter, “ Virtual Tai-Chi, System, a Smart Connected Modality for Rehabilitation", Smart Health, Volumes 9-10, December 2018, pages 232-249, DOI: 10.1016/j.smhl.2018.07.021.
- Y. Liang, Z. Shi, and P. Chung, A Hessian-Free Newton-Raphson Method for the Configuration of Physics Systems Featured by Numerically Asymmetric Force Field, Mathematical and Computer Simulation, (Impact Factor: 1.225), February 2017, 1-23, DOI: 10.1016/j.matcom.2016.11.011.
- Y. Liang, D. Wu, G. Liu, Y. Li, Lani Gao, and W. Wu, Big Data-enabled Multiscale Serviceability Analysis about Aging Bridges, Digital Communications and Networks, August 2016, 97-107. DOI: 10.1016/j.dcan.2016.05.002.
- Y. Liang and C. Wu, A HADOOP-Enabled Sensor-Oriented Information System for Knowledge Discovery about Target-of-interest, Internet of things - special issue of FUEE scientific journal (Impact Factor: 0.460 ), Vol. 29, No. 3, March 2016, 437-450. DOI:10.2298/FUEE1603437L.
- Y. Liang, R. Kanapady, and L. T. Laurence, Augmented FETI-DP Method Based on PolynomialPreconditioning. Mathematical and Computer Simulation (Impact Factor: 1.225, Under Review).
- Y. Liang, C. Wu, and K. Kendricks, A Hadoop-enabled Predictive Analytics about Carp Aggregation, Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, June 2015.·
- Y. Liang, M. Szularz and L. T. Yang, Finite-element-wise Domain Decomposition Iterative Solvers Based on Polynomial Preconditioning, DOI: 10.1016/j.mcm.2012.11.017, Mathematical and Computer Modeling (Impact Factor: 1.346). Volume 58, Issues 1–2, July 2013, Pages 421-437·
- Y. Liang, W. Melvin, S. I. Sritharan, S. Fernandes, and D. Barker, A Crowd Motion Analysis Framework Based on Analog Heat-Transfer Model, American Journal of Science and Engineering Vol 2, No. 1, 2013, pp. 33-43.
- R. Mohan, Y. Purohit, Y. Liang, Deformation Behavior of Nanoscale Material Systems with Applications to Tensile, Flexural and Crack Propagation, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience (Impact Factor: 0.911), Volume 9, Number 5, May 2012, pp. 649-661(13). DOI: 10.1166/jctn.2012.2075.
- S. Kohles, Y. Liang, and A. Saha, Cytoskeletal Strains in Modeled Optohydrodynamically Stressed Healthy and Diseased Biological Cells, Journal of Biophysics (Impact Index: 3.632), Volume 2012, doi:10.1155/2012/830741.
- A. Saha, Y. Liang, and S. Kohles, Biokinetic Mechanisms Linked With Musculoskeletal Health Disparities: Stochastic Models Applying Tikhonov’s Theorem to Biomolecule Homeostasis, Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine, May 2011, Vol.2/021004-1 – 9, DOI :10.1115/1.4003876.
- S. Kohles, Y. Liang, and A. Saha, Volumetric Stress-Strain Analysis of Optohydrodynamically Suspended Biological Cells, Journal of Biomedical Engineering, December 2010, Vol. 132, 1-7.
- J. Zhang, Y. Liang, J.Z. Yan and J. Z. Lou, Study of the molecular weight dependence of glass transition temperature for amorphous poly (L-lactide) by molecular dynamics simulation, Polymers (Impact Factor: 3.438), Volume 48, Issue 16, 27 July 2007, 4900-4905.
- J. Zhang, Y. Liang and Y. Zhang, Atomic-level protein structure refinement using fragment guided molecular dynamics conformation sampling. Structure (Impact Factor: 6.347), 2011 Dec 7; 19(12):1784-95. DOI: 10.1016/j.str.2011.09.022.
- Y. Liang, J. Weston and M. Szularz, Generalized least-squares polynomial preconditioners for symmetric indefinite linear equations. Parallel computing (Impact Factor: 1.693) 28(2): 323-341 (2002), doi: 10.1016/S0167-8191(01)00142-9.
- Y. Liang, S. Li, H. Zhang and C.D. Han, Timing Sequence Testing for parallel Programs, Journal of Computer Science and Technology ( Impact Factor : 0.656), 84-95. Jan. 2000. DOI:10.1007/BF02951930.
- Y. Liang, J. K. Li, L. B. Zhang, Y. C. Li and H.Q. Lu, ParCT: A Parallel C-Language Testing Tool, Journal of Computer Research and Development (Impact Factor: 0.450), Vol.36, No.10, 1197-1201. Oct.1999.
- Y. Liang, S. Li, H. Zhang and C.D. Han, Timing Sequence Testing for the Distributed Parallel Programs, Journal of Computer Research and Development (Impact Factor: 0.450), Vol.36, No.9, 1062-1068. Sept.1999.
- Y. Liang, S. Li, H. Zhang and C.D. Han, Research on the Coverage Ratio for the Timing Sequence Test of Parallel programs, Journal of Computer Research and Development (Impact Factor: 0.450), Vol.36, No.2, 160-165. Feb. 1999.
- L. Yang, Y. Liang, D. Wu, and J. Gault, “Train and Equip Firefighters with Cognitive Virtual and Augmented Reality", 2018 IEEE 4th International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing (CIC), 453-459. Philadelphia, PA, USA October 18-2, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/CIC.2018.00068.
- Y. Liang, D. Wu, Z. Guo, C. Davis, D. Ledesma, R. Slaughter, “Virtual Tai-Chi, System, a Smart Connected Rehabilitation System", the Third IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems, and Engineering Technologies (CHASE 2018), September 26-28, Washington DC, USA.
- Almaimani, D. Wu, and Y. Liang, “Classifying GPR Images Using Convolutional Neural Networks”, Mobimedia 2018 : 11th International Conference on Mobile Multimedia Communications (MOBIMEDIA2018), Qingdao, China.
- Davis, D. Ledesma, R. Slaughter, D. Wu, Z. Guo, Y. Liang, “Kinetic Data Processing for Gesture Recognition”, IEEE BigDataService 2018, March 26-29, Bamberg, Germany.
- Ledesma, C. Davis, R. Slaughter, D. Wu, Z. Guo, Y. Liang, “Kinetic Gesture Recognition and Choreography”, IEEE BigDataService 2018, March 26-29, Bamberg, Germany.
- P. Zelgen, N. Alharbi, Y. Liang and D. Wu, “Feature Normalization and Preprocessing of Kinematic Data for Gesture Recognition", the Second IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems, and Engineering Technologies (CHASE 2017), July 17-19, Philadelphia, USA.
- Alharbi, P. Zeglen, Y. Liang and D. Wu, “Extended-Kalman-Filter Preprocessing Technique for Gesture Recognition", the Second IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems, and Engineering Technologies (CHASE 2017), July 17-19, Philadelphia, USA.
- Y. Liang, Z. B. Guo, D. L. Wu, N. Fell, and A. Clark, “Virtual TaiJi System - An Innovative Modality for Rehabilitation”, Annual BSEC Conference at Oak Ridge National Laboratory Collaborative Biomedical Innovations, 08/25-27, 2015.
- Y. Liang and C. Wu, “An agent-based mathematical model about carp aggregation ", Proc. SPIE 9486, Advanced Environmental, Chemical, and Biological Sensing Technologies XII, 94860Q (May 13, 2015); doi:10.1117/12.2180323; http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2180323.
- Y. Liang ; and C. Wu, A Sensor-Oriented Information System Based on Hadoop Cluster, ICOMP'14 - International Conference on Internet Computing and Big Data (July 21-24, 2014, USA) (Acceptance rate: 26%)
- Y. Liang ; Michael Henderson ; Shane Fernandes and Josh Sanderson, Vehicle tracking and analysis within a city, Proc. SPIE 8751, Machine Intelligence and Bio-inspired Computation: Theory and Applications VII, 87510F (June 3, 2013); doi:10.1117/12.2014561; http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2014561.
- J. Sanderson, Y. Liang. No-reference image quality measurement for low-resolution images , Proc. SPIE 8744, Automatic Target Recognition XXIII, 874404 (June 3, 2013); doi:10.1117/12.2015014; http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2015014.
- S. Fernandes, Y. Liang. Chipping and segmentation of target of interest from low-resolution electro-optical data, Proc. SPIE 8744, Automatic Target Recognition XXIII, 87440R (June 3, 2013); doi:10.1117/12.2015972; http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2015972.
- Y. Liang, W. Melvin, S. I. Sritharan, S. Fernandes, and D. Barker, CMA-HT, a Crowd Motion Analysis Framework Based on Heat-transfer-analog Model. Proc. SPIE 8402, Evolutionary and Bio-Inspired Computation: Theory and Applications VI, 84020J (May 1, 2012); doi:10.1117/12.919088.
- Y. Liang, S. Kohles, and A. Saha, Cytoskeletal Strain Responses of Modeled Hydrodynamically Stressed Biological Cells, proceeding of COMSOL 2010, Boston, October 7-9, 2010.
- Y. Liang, Z. Shi, S. I. Sritharan, and H. Wan, Simulation of the Spread of Epidemic Disease Using Persistent Surveillance Data, proceeding of COMSOL 2010, Boston, October 7-9, 2010.
- S. Fernandes, Y. Liang, S.I. Sritharan, X.Wei, and R. Kandiah, Real Time Detection of Improvised Explosive Devices using Hyperspectral Image Analysis, 2010 IEEE National Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON 2010).
- Y. Liang, Haim Waisman, Jay Shi, Philip Liu and Jim Lua, Pre-processing Toolkit for Three-Dimensional X-FEM, 2008 IEEE National Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON 2008), to be held in Dayton, Ohio, USA from July 16-18, 2008, page 265-272.
- Y. Liang and M. Szularz, an Efficient Unconstrained Optimization Algorithm with Respect to Unsymmetric Force Field, proceeding of Fourth International Conference of Applied Mathematics and Computing, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, August 12 - 18, 2007.
- Y. Liang, R. Kanapady and K. K Tamma, Highly Scalable Finite-element-based Domain Decomposition Iterative Solvers with Polynomial Preconditioning, in the proceedings of 2006 International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshops (ICPPW'06), 505-510. August 14-18, Columbus, Ohio.
- Y. Liang and R. Mohan, Development and Applicability of Augmented FETI-DP Formulation for Stokes Type Flow Problems, 7th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Los Angeles, California, July 16 – 22, 2006.
- Y. Liang and R. Mohan, Evaluation and Applicability of a Highly Scalable Finite Element Based Iterative Solver for Process Flow Modeling in Liquid Composite Molding, 7th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Los Angeles, California, July 16 – 22, 2006.
- Y. Liang and R. Mohan, Tensile Deformation of Nickel Nanowires under Uniaxial Tension with High Strain Rates through Molecular Dynamics Simulations, XXIII Southeastern Conference on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, May 21-23, 2006. Puerto Rico.
- P. Chung and R. Namburu, U.S. Army Research Laboratory; R. Kalia, P. Vashishta and A. Nakano, University of Southern California; Y. Liang and R. Kanapady, Army High Performance Computing Research Center; J. Knap, M. Ortiz and R. Phillips, Caltech: Scalable Quasi-continuum Software for Advanced Mixed Atomistic-Continuum Simulations of Material Behavior at the Nanoscale, The 24th Army Science Conference (ASC 24), Orlando Florida, November 29-December 2, 2004.
- Y. Liang, R. Kanapady and P. Chung, Iterative Solution Technique for the Quasi-continuum Method, in proceedings of 2004 International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Sciences (ICCES'04), Madeira, Portugal, 26-29 July 2004.
- Y. Liang, R. Kanapady and K. K. Tamma, A Highly Scalable Linear Solver for Finite Element-Based Domain Decomposition Problems, Eleventh SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing (PP04).
- Y. Liang, J. Weston and M. Szularz: Polynomial Preconditioning for Specially Structured Linear Systems of Equations. Euro-Par 2001: 587-591.
- Y. Liang, J. Weston and M.Szularz, Stability of Polynomial Preconditioning, in Proceedings of ALGORITMY 2000, 15th Conference on Scientific Computing, A. Handlovicova, M.Komornikova, K.Mikula, and D.Sevcovic (Eds.), 264-273.
- Y. Liang, J. Weston, M. Szularz: Generalized Least-squares Polynomial Preconditioner for Symmetric Indefinite Linear Equations, Proceedings of PMAA 2000 (International Workshop on Parallel Matrix Algorithms and Applications) during 18-20 August 2000, 14, Neuchatel, Switzerland.
- J. K. Li, Y. Liang, Y.Q. Zhang and Y.C. Li, PBLAS on Super-computer SR2201, in proceeding of 1997 International Workshop on Computational Science and Engineering, Hefei, China.
- Y.Q. ZHANG, Y. LIANG, ScaLAPACK on SR2201: Analysis and Testing, 1997 International Workshop on Computational Science and Engineering (IWCSE'97), May 27--28, 1997, Hefei, China.
- CPSC 1100: Fundamentals of Computer Science
- CPSC 1110: Data Structure
- CPSC 2800: Introduction to Operating System
- CPSC 5000: Fundamentals of Computer Science (for Graduate Students)
- CPSC 5210: Algorithm Analysis
- CPSC 4310/5310: Cloud Computing
- CPSC 4440/5440: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
INDUSTRIAL EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
- Technique Director (part time), Beijing Long-Mark Computer Co., 7/1991-8/1995
- System Engineer (full time), Beijing Wire Communication Co., 8/1990-8/1992
- 3rd Place in the Second Southeast US-China Innovation and Enterpriship Competition (2016), Atlanta, Georgia.
- College Faculty Leadership Award, Central State University, 2012.
- U.S. Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship Program, 2012
- U.S. Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship Program, 2011.
- Vice-Chancellor Scholarship of University of Ulster, 1998-2001.
- Oversea Research Scholarship of United Kingdom, 1998-2001.
- Zibin Guo, Liang, DL. Wu, N. Fell, and A. Clark, “Virtual TaiJi System - An Innovative Modality for Rehabilitation”, an invention disclosure has been submitted to University of Tennessee Research Foundation (UTRF, https://utrf.tennessee.edu/) and received the UTRF file number designated above, 16051-02.
© by Yu Liang, June 19, 2017