Dr. Ahmed H. Eltom, P.E.
Contact InformationEmail: Ahmed-Eltom@utc.edu
Office: 331C EMCS
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Clarkson University, 1985
- M.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, Clarkson University, 1982
- B.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, University of Khartoum, 1973
Certifications or professional registrations
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE, ID 00100011), State of Tennessee
Current membership in professional organizations
- IEEE Senior Member
- IEEE Power Engineering Society(1980-present)
- Member IEEE PES Smart Grid-Power Delivery- Power Systems-Energy Conversion
Dr. Eltom is a Distinguished Teaching Professor of Electrical Engineering. He is an expert in the areas of energy efficient systems, energy conservation, power system protection, advanced motor modeling, and fault analysis. He has been teaching power system analysis and protection for over 20 years. He developed an industry-grade relay laboratory. The laboratory is an educational and research tool for undergraduate and graduate students as well as a training facility for industry engineers. He is the author of Energy Efficient Motors Reference Guide (©1992) and he has published numerous articles in the areas of system protection, motor modeling, and energy conservation. Dr. Eltom was a Fulbright Scholar to State Qatar, a consultant for the African development bank, Tennessee Valley Authority, and the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Professorship at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He is a senior member of the IEEE, the former chair of the IEEE PES section in the greater Chattanooga area, and a registered professional engineer in the state of Tennessee.