UTC Marketplace is a process for individual departments to have an online conference registration and payment portal, available through a partnership between the SET (Strategic Enrollment Technology) team and the Bursar’s Office.
How To Get Started
Please complete this form and submit it to Strategic Enrollment Technology:
- Information that will be needed to complete the form:
- Name of event
- Campus Department
- Contact person
- Date of event
- Date registration needs to be live
- Cost per registrant (if any)
Pricing and Services
The department hosting the conferences is responsible for paying the credit card service fees in addition to a small fee to cover the cost of set up and processing. The service fee outlined below covers both the credit card service fee and the cost of set-up and processing. All fee amounts will be rounded up to whole dollars.
The fee is $1 per every $10 being charged to participants. $1 to $10 = $1, $11 to $20 = $2, $21 to $30 = $3, and so on.
- A department is hosting a fair with tickets that cost $10. The service fee would be $1 on that ticket, so the total cost to the attendee would be $11.
- A campus organization brings a speaker onto campus and charges $25 per seat. The service fee would be $3 per seat, bringing the total cost for the attendee to $28.
- A student services office is holding a symposium that costs $100 for a 3-day pass. The service fee would be $10 per attendee, so the total cost for the pass would be $110.
This fee will be added as a “Service Charge” on the registrant’s invoice/bill.
If the department is not charging a fee to the participants, a $1 per participant fee with a minimum amount of $250 will be charged to the department to provide the services listed below. This amount can be paid by the requesting department with a transfer voucher to SET. If the registration process is extremely complex additional fees may be required.
- Services provided for the fee:
- Individual appointments with SET Team to set up and test your online conference registration.
- The creation of a custom online conference registration form.
- The creation of a custom invoice/receipt.
- The email distribution of invitations to your conference, registration confirmation, payment reminders, and a reminder about the event.
- Access to the registration system with personalized views to monitor the registrations and see the data you need in real-time.
- Technical assistance with any conference registration issues.
- The collection of conference registration fees and the daily reconciliation of those fees with the Bursar’s office.
- Transfer of funds from the bursar’s office to your department at agreed-upon times.
UTC Marketplace Refund Policy
Generally, conference fees are non-refundable. Applicants may request a refund by submitting a written statement explaining any extenuating circumstances (e.g., readmission applicant, duplicate debit charges, fee waiver) to the office that is hosting the conference/ event. If granted, host will send approval to refund and amount to SET and Bursar’s office for the Bursar’s office to process the refund.