Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
Teaching and Learning Seminars (concurrent sessions)
1:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Lookout Mountain Room (session A) and Raccoon Mountain Room (session B)
No registration required.
- Session A: Making a 'hard' class fun, without 'dumbing' it down – Charlene Simmons
- Session B: Lessons learned from teaching an online course panel discussion - Gary Liguori, Tiffany Mitchell, Jennifer Ellis, and Joanie Jackson.
- Session A: Team-based learning panel discussion – Helen Eigenberg, Elizabeth Gailey
- Session B: ThinkAchieve Grant Presentations:
- Kim Wingate/Caryl Taylor – Enhancing critical thinking through an Early Childhood Special Education field experience
- Amye Warren - Improving critical thinking skills in graduate teaching assistants and their students
- Session A: Absenteeism in undergraduate education – Lisa Burke
- Session B: Quantitative reasoning across the curriculum - Betsy Darken
- Session A: Flipping your classes: What Otzi the Iceman can do for you – Lyn Miles, Will Stern, Shela Van Ness
- Session B: Community-based learning on the urban campus - Jennifer Boyd
For more information about the Instructional Excellence Retreat, email Dawn Ford. If you require accommodations for this event, please contact the Walker Center for Teaching and Learning at 425-4188 prior to the event. You can also contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at 425-4006 (V/TTY) or [email protected].