The mission of the Accounting Program is to:
- Advance the mission of the College of Business
- Provide students majoring in undergraduate accounting an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for success in an accounting career or graduate program
- Provide students majoring in other business disciplines an opportunity to acquire sufficient accounting knowledge and skills
- Provide fundamental accounting knowledge to non-business students
- Provide a graduate program of advanced study in accounting to enable students to advance professionally in their careers
- Engage in research that serves the needs and interests of accounting and business and supports learning and pedagogical research to enhance the education process.