Thank you for your interest in the UTC Leadership and Decision-Making Doctoral Program (Ph.D.). We are not currently accepting applications. Due to the cohort nature of the program, applications are accepted during a prescribed timeframe, typically December through February, for each incoming Summer cohort. The next opportunity to apply will be December 2021 through February 2022 for the Summer 2022 cohort. New cohorts are currently admitted in Summer only.
If you would like to be added to our list of prospective applicants to future cohorts, please select the LEAD Inquiry Form link below.
LEAD Inquiry Form
Minimum Admission Qualifications
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on all prior graduate work
Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
Completed Graduate School Application
Non-refundable application fee (first time UTC Graduate students only)
Official transcripts (all institutions attended, even if a degree was not awarded)
Official GRE General Test scores (waived for Summer 2022 applicants)
Completed Program Application
Check Application Status
- Sign in to the Self-Service Center to continue working on a saved application or to check status of submitted application materials.
Please refer to the sample Admission Timeline below. Following the review of complete applications in March, the Program Office will contact select applicants via email to schedule an interview to be held via video conference in April. Applicants will be notified of admission status by May 1 via email. New cohort members will enroll in a required foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation (1 credit hour), during the initial Summer semester. The hybrid foundational course includes two required synchronous face-to-face meetings on the UT-Chattanooga campus and material work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings. Specific Summer enrollment information will be distributed by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Admission Timeline (Sample)
- December 2021 - February 2022: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
- February 2022: Application deadline (Summer 2022 cohort)
- March 2022: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
- April 2022: The admission evaluation process continues and interviews are conducted via video conference
- May 1, 2022: Applicants are notified of admission status by May 1 and specific Summer 2022 foundational course information (LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation – 1 credit hour) is distributed to accepted participants
- Summer 2022: Enrollment in foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation (1 credit hour). Course activities include two required synchronous face-to-face meetings on the UT-Chattanooga campus and material work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings.
- Fall 2022: Core course enrollment begins asynchronously online (6 credit hours)