Thank you for your interest in the UTC Leadership and Decision-Making doctoral program (PhD)! We are currently accepting applications to the Summer 2024 PhD cohort. The Summer 2024 application deadline is February 29, 2024. New cohorts are admitted in Summer only.
To request to add your name to our list of prospective applicants to future cohorts, please select the Inquiry Form link below.
Minimum Admission Qualifications
Master's degree (or equivalent) from a regionally accredited institution
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on all prior graduate work
Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Application Instructions (please review prior to starting the application process)
- Graduate Application (Summer 2024)
- Essay Questions
- Non-refundable application fee (first time UTC Graduate students only)
- Three (3) recommendations
- One Academic recommendation
- The academic recommendation can come from anyone who understands and can comment on your capacity to learn - a former instructor, advisor/college dean or professional development/training facilitator are examples of appropriate academic references. Recommendations from family members or other members of your household are not permitted.
- One Professional recommendation
- One General recommendation (Academic or Professional)
- Resume/CV (Word format – including all employment dates)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions, even if a degree was not awarded
Application Status (Summer 2024)
- Check your Application Status
Admission Process (Summer 2024)
Please refer to the Admission Timeline below. Following the review of complete applications in March, the Program Office will contact select applicants via email to schedule an interview to be held via video conference in April. Applicants will be notified of admission status by May 1.
New cohort members will enroll in a required foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership: Induction and Integration (1 credit hour), during the Summer 2024 semester. Required core coursework (6 credit hours) begins in Fall 2023. Specific course information and registration instructions will be provided by the Program Office following acceptance.
Admission Timeline (Summer 2024)
December 1, 2023: Application cycle opens
December 2023 - February 2024: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February 29, 2024: Application deadline
March 2024: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
April 2024: The admission evaluation process continues; interviews are conducted via video conference (select applicants will be contacted via email to schedule an interview)
May 2024: Applicants are notified of admission status by May 1 and specific Summer enrollment information is distributed to accepted participants
Summer 2024 (May - August): Enrollment in required foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership: Induction and Integration (1 credit hour).
Fall 2024 (August - December): Core course enrollment begins (6 credit hours – hybrid delivery) and continues year round (Fall, Spring and Summer) through successful completion of the core program of study