The Hatch It Lab, hosted inside the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, is a makerspace with equipment to help students create and develop their business ideas. The lab has a variety of equipment for students to take their innovative ideas and make them a reality. Students who take advantage of the lab will have the ability to:
- create prototypes of an invention with 3D printers
- add branding on a t-shirt with screen printing or embroidery
- make a leather keychain by laser cutting a design
- ...and much more!
Fall 2023 Hours
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
James A. Mapp Building, Room 215 (located inside the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
The Hatch It Lab is open to all UTC students. To make a reservation, please follow these steps:
- Click here to request access and complete the online safety and equipment training in Canvas.
- Complete an in-person equipment check-off with a Makerspace Manager. The online training previously mentioned will have information on how to book this.
- Book equipment using the Booking Calendar Link found in Canvas.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call 423-425-1308.
Director, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Office: 218 Mapp Building
Email: [email protected]
Graduate Assistant, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Office: 212 Mapp Building