EXTERNAL HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fulbright Scholar: The Fulbright Program, Institute of International Education, U. S. Department of State, 2009—2010.
- Best Paper Award for the Quantitative Theory and Methods Track, 34th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Chapter of Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, October 1-2, 1998.
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities Junior Faculty Enhancement Award: Mathematics and Computer Science category, 1993.
- Meritorious Support Award, University of the District of Columbia Lorton Prison College Program, Lorton, Virginia, 1987.
- Best Paper Award, Statistical Quantification of Business Management, The Business Mind, an official publication of the Management Students Association, University of Calabar, 1980-81.
- Best Mathematics Student Award, 1982 graduating class, University of Calabar.
- Best Science Student Award, 1982 graduating class, University of Calabar.