EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1988-1991 Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University
Dissertation: The Generalized Linear Complementarity Problem and its Applications
1985-87 M. S., Mathematics,Howard University, Washington, D. C.
1978-82 B. Sc., Math/Statistics (First Class Honors), University of Calabar, Nigeria
RESEARCH AND INTEREST
- Operations research-Mathematical Programming—Complementarity Problems
- Linear Algebra and its Applications
- Input-Output Economic Models and Choice of Technology
- Pollution Control Models
- Technology in Education; Teaching Using the Internet
- Problem solving Methodology
- Chattanooga Area Mathematics Teachers Association
- International Linear Algebra Society
- National Association of Mathematicians
- Decision Sciences Institute
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
2001 - University of Chattanooga Foundation Professor of Mathematics, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
1996- 2001 University of Chattanooga Foundation Associate Professor of Mathematics, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
1994-1996 University of Chattanooga Foundation Assistant Professor of Mathematics, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
1991-1994 Assistant Professor of Mathematics, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
1988-1991 Graduate Teaching Assistant, Clemson University.
1985-1988 Instructor, Howard University.
1986-1988 Instructor, University of the District of Columbia Lorton Prison College Program, Lorton, Virginia.
1984-19985 Instructor, University of Cross River State (Now University of Uyo), Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
SERVICE RELATING TO PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
- Chair, Faculty Development Committee, 2012-2013.
- Member, Honors Committee, 2011-12.
- Member, Honors Committee, 2010-11.
- Chair, UTC Appeal Committee on Evaluation and Development by Objectives, 2005-06.
- Member; University Committee on Faculty Rating of Administration, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1999-2001, 2006—08.
- Member: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (Accreditation Agency) Committee on Institutional Effectiveness, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1998—2001.
- Member; University Ad Hoc Committee on Faculty Development Grant, 19997-98.
- Member; Part time faculty Committee, 1996-97, 1997-98.
- Member; Faculty council, 1993-94, 1994-95.
- Member; Faculty Research Committee, 192-93, 1993-94.
- Member, Curriculum Committee, 2010—11.
- Member, Academic Awards Committee, 2010—11.
- Member, Freshman Award Committee, 2010—11.
- Member, Chair of Excellence Committee, 2006—08.
- Member, Graduate Program Curriculum Committee, 2005-08.
- Chair; Rank, Tenure, and Reappointment Committee, 2005-06.
- Member, Faculty Recruitment Committee, 2005/06
- Member; Technology Committee, 1993-94, 1997-98, 2004-05, 2005-06.
- Chair/member; Text book selection or curriculum committees.
- Member; Ad Hoc Committee on AMS Meeting in Chattanooga, 2000-01.
- Member; Department Colloquium Committee, 2000-2001.
- Member; Library Committee, 1993-94, 1999-2000.
- Member; Computer Committee, 1993-94.
- Member; Curriculum Committee, 1992-93.
- Member; Testing Committee, 1994—97.
- Member; Student Relations Committee, 1994—97.
Extra Curricula Activities
1. President, Chattermasters Toastmaster Club of Chattanooga, 2002—03.
2. Area 32 Governor, Toastmaster International, 2003—04.
EDIT AND REVIEW FOR THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS
- Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Prentice Hall
- Southeast Decision Sciences
- Computers and Mathematics with Applications
- European Journal of Operational Research
- National Science Foundation Career proposals
- Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. Spring 2004.
- Southeastern Chapter of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management sciences,
- Addison Wesley
- County School System (Acceptable Use Policy)
- Reviewed student Thesis for Clemson University
- Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
- Decision Sciences Institute.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- International Journal of Optimization.
- Optimization Methods and Software.
- Letters of Applied Math.
- Journal of Global Optimization.