How can you be proactive about your college success?
One of the best ways is to evaluate your strategies for learning and understand how you learn most effectively. Memorization may have served you well in high school, but it will not be sufficient at UTC. We want to help you understand what techniques for learning will empower your success in science. How are we planning to do this?
How to Learn Biology, BIOL 1000 CRN 46346, Offered Fall 2023 Term 1 Course
This elective online asynchronous course, BIOL 1000 CRN 46346, is designed to teach growth mindset strategies that empower students to succeed in biology and other college-level courses. You will earn 1 credit hour (S/NC) biology elective. The textbook for the course is Teach Yourself How to Learn by McGuire and McGuire
What types of activities will the program contain?
- There will be weekly modules that you complete asynchronously online in Canvas.
- You will be expected to log on a few times throughout the week to engage in the course and interact with your peers.
- Tools for improving your learning strategies are presented and you select which tools will support your success.
- Introductory biology concepts will be shared to help you apply your new strategies to actual content.
- Assignments will include discussion boards, self-reflection, content quizzes, and biology learning activities.