The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga strives to serve the people, businesses, and industries of our region and support their technical needs. The College exists as the region’s principal resource for educational, applied research, and service programs.
The vision of the College of Engineering and Computer Science is to continue its regional leadership and growth in engineering, technology, and computer science education and applied research to benefit our students, alumni, corporate sponsors, community, and region.
Grounded in the application of scientific and mathematical principles and based on a commitment to interdisciplinary study, our programs and activities:
- Prepare undergraduate students for rewarding professional careers or graduate study and for a lifetime of creative thinking and adaptive learning as productive citizens;
- Prepare post-baccalaureate and graduate students for continuing professional development and career advancement;
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning through scholarship in our disciplines;
- Perform and disseminate applied research that solves problems of transforming information, matter, and energy into structures, machines, products, technologies, systems, organizations, and processes; and
- Serve the University and our professional communities with leadership and distinction