With the goal of providing an optimum learning environment for students while maintaining the highest standards of energy efficiency, a number of major projects directly relating to energy-efficiency have been undertaken. Funded by federal stimulus dollars, state capital improvement funds, and Student Green Fees, the projects listed below represent over $13 million in investments resulting in energy cost-savings campus-wide. Over the past decade, natural gas and electric use have been reduced by 68% and water usage reduced by 67%.
- Exterior Door, Window, and Roof Replacements
- HVAC Digital Controls
- Lighting Retrofits and Occupancy sensors
- Restroom Renovations (low-flow units)
- Electric Sub-metering and Electrical Distribution Upgrades
- Central Energy Plant Upgrades (Chillers, Boilers, Controls)