Facilities Planning & Management processes nearly five thousand work requests per year, ranging from small scale maintenance
issues to major renovations & new construction. The Work Control function is, in effect,
the conduit by which work requests are received, classified, routed to the appropriate
craft or project manager, and billed to the correct accounts. Also, we are your initial
resource for facilities related information; if we don't have the answer, we will
either get it or direct you to the person who does!
Submit Work Request / Report an Issue
By clicking the button above, you will be taken to the FAMIS Self-Service Log-in. This tool is a direct link to
our work order system and virtually eliminates the "dropped" requests that inevitably
occur when they are received through multiple methods (phone, e-mail, etc.). Self-Service
also provides a high degree of operational transparency & dramatically improves our
ability to communicate with the customer. Using its query tool, customers can see
their requests, status changes, costs, and any additional notes entered by our technicians.
Self-Service empowers you, the customer, to hold us to a higher level of accountability
& service (this is especially vital for your reimbursable work). Make a lot of requests?
Consider saving the link to your desktop as a shortcut!
FAMIS Self Service Tutorial
After clicking the button above, you will be taken to the E-work Request Self Service
- Your username is your UTC e-mail address minus “@utc.edu”. For instance, from Marvin-Verner@utc.edu, the username would be “Marvin-Verner”.
- Your password is your six digit UTC ID. For example, “hyh912”
- After entering your username & password, hit the “Login” button to proceed to the
- Currently, our campus is set up with only one site. So, simply hit the “Service Requests”
button to proceed to the next screen.
- This page allows the requestor to view past requests via the “search” drop-down, or
go to the “Advanced Search” screen shown below:
- The Advance Search screen allows the requestor query requests based on various selectable
- If you do not wish to execute a query, simply hit the “Create Service Request” button
to proceed to the following screen-“Requestors contact information”.
- You may edit or add information as needed; once satisfied, hit “Next” to proceed.
- You are now looking at our “Available Services”. This is the screen from which you
select the general category of request that best fits your needs.
- *Need to delete either “Customer defined work request” Or ”Create your own request”
- Clicking on any of the above categories will take you to a second, more specific set,
of request options. For instance, if you needed to report a restroom problem you
would select “Plumbing Services”, and then be directed to the following set of options:
- If, for example, you needed to report a stopped-up toilet, you would select “Toilets”,
at which time the following options would be displayed:
- Simply select “Stopped up” and proceed:
- This is the “Enter Service Details” screen and, in it, the requestor can use the “description
of Work” field to type in specific details about the problem or request. This is
also the screen in which the requestor can specify specific dates for the start and
completion (bearing in mind that, while we will do our best to accommodate the customer,
we must schedule all work as resources allow).
- When reporting service calls, however, it is not necessary to enter dates. We base
the response to all calls on established priority codes that are assigned by Work
Control. (Service Calls are non-reimbursable maintenance requirements such as replacing
lights, restroom problem, leaks, etc. Work Requests are services that are paid for
by the requestors department; examples might be office re-painting, renovations, moves,
set-ups, etc. We do ask that you enter specific dates for Work Requests).
- After entering all relevant information in this screen, hit the “Next” button:
- This page allows the customer to specify the location for needed repairs or service.
- First, hit “Site” and select “UTC” (it is the only option!).
- Then, click the “building button and select the building from the list provided.
- Select the floor next
- And, finally, the proper room.
- After hitting the “Next” button, you will be taken to the final screen, which is a
summary of the request that has been placed:
- The final step is to review the information and, if it is all correct, hit the “Finish”
button. This brings you to the final screen:
- This final screen provides a service request number that can be used to track the
status of your request. You may want to save this screen to a Word file or print
it for your records. Once Work Control receives your request, you will receive an
e-mail further summarizing the request and providing a status. You may also receive
a phone call or e-mails asking for any additional information that might be required.