Mini Discovery Mission
The Mini Discovery Mission takes place aboard the International Space Station. Scientists, engineers and mathematicians are engaged in a variety of hands on experiments as they travel 230 miles above the Earth’s surface.
1 hour Micronaut Program - $300
- Includes Mini Discovery Mission and one Micronaut EVA of your choice.
- Maximum is 36 participants —Divided into 2 groups up to 18 students each. Groups with more than 36 students MUST do the 2 hour program.
- Includes Mini Discovery Mission, and two Micronaut EVAs of your choice.
- Maximum is 54 participants —Divided into 3 groups up to 18 students each.
Micronaut in Orbit
- Students learn about a space shuttle launch - from liftoff, to docking with the International Space Station, to landing.
- Students work in pairs to put shuttle launch sequence cards in order based on what they learned.
- Students will create a paper model of a shuttle.
- If time allows, students will learn about an astronaut's daily routine in space.
- Students will learn about the uses of NanoSatellites in space.
- Students will work in pairs to build a NanoSatellite (NanoSat) with Geofix pieces.
- If time allows, students will investigate different components of the day and night sky.
- Students will use numbered "fish" to create and solve number sentences.
- Students will use manipulative to observe, solve, and create number patterns and formulas.
Micronaut to the Moon
- Students will learn how rockets take astronauts to the Moon and back - from liftoff to landing.
- Students will work in pairs to put sequence cards in order based on what they learned.
- Students will count and identify different shapes and use those tangram shapes to construct a paper rocket.
- Students will learn important facts and characteristics of the planets in our Solar System.
- Students will learn the relative size and distance of the planets.
- Students will learn and practice putting the planets in order from the Sun.
- Students will learn important facts and characteristics of stars.
- Students will learn important facts about constellations.
- Students will create their own constellation.