To Schedule An Event
To schedule any usage of Maclellan Gymnasium, a UTC facilities usage form must be submitted to the Coordinator of Maclellan Gym, Gregory Reinhardt. After submitting your form it must be approved by the the UTC Facilities Usage Committee. Depending on the event, a fee may be charged for use of the facility. This fee is required to cover the cost of facility supervision and maintenance.
Use of Recreational Facilities
Maclellan Gym’s primary purpose is to provide a facility for the UTC Community, as well as the greater Chattanooga Community, to engage in recreational activities. To be able to maintain and to make available these facilities, the University requires that certain regulations be adhered to by those using these facilities. Deliberate cooperation by all is definitely required. The Coordinator of this facility, with assistance from other Campus Recreation Professional Staff members, student employees, and campus security officers, will enforce these policies. The regulations apply to any and all recreation participants and facility occupants. Participants are categorized as recreators when they are using the Maclellan Gymnasium building, adjacent outdoor courts, or the Racquet center. Regulations, policies and procedures are also applicable to those persons performing with direct supervision of an officially assigned instructor, coach or official authorized by UTC to conduct an academic class, varsity athletics, intramural activities, club sports or other scheduled events. All organized group or athletic activities and special events are subject to approval of the Campus Recreation Department and the UTC Facilities Use Committee.
Our Customer Service Representatives have been directed to permit the following groups
to use Maclellan Gymnasium:
1. Students currently enrolled at UTC—who present an active Mocs Card.
2. Faculty or Staff of UTC—who present an active Mocs Card.
3. Anyone with a current Campus Recreation Membership.
Guidelines for Participation
1. A UTC dependent card holder or an alumni may not sponsor a guest.
2. Sponsored recreators must exit when their respective sponsor exits facilities.
3. Unauthorized recreators using facilities or waiting to use campus facilities will be treated as trespassers by gym management and campus security officers.
4. Guest visitation may be limited or restricted if an individual’s usage is considered excessive or in violation of facilities regulations, policies, or procedures.
5. Operational hours will be posted in the appropriate areas of activity. Access to or usage of any Campus Recreation facilities is limited to normal hours of operation. Special events, inclement weather, or the academic calendar may impact hours of operation. Unauthorized access after hours is strictly prohibited. For enforcement purposes, violators of this guideline will be subject to the University’s trespass policy.
6. Recreators are expected to comply with all policies and guidelines which govern the particular area in which they are recreating. Failure to comply with any policies or guidelines may result in removal from the facility and loss of usage privileges on a temporary or permanent basis.
Students, faculty and staff, and Campus Recreation members are provided opportunities
for participation in recreational activities on campus through the services of Maclellan
Gymnasium. Additionally, there are two full-size multipurpose courts available for
basketball, badminton, volleyball, dodgeball, and several other indoor sports. Students
have access to seven tennis courts adjacent to Maclellan Gymnasium. The DeSalles Harrison
Racquet Center is an exceptional indoor racquet center housing two indoor tennis courts
and seven handball-racquetball courts. Certain sports or recreational equipment may
be checked out for use in these various areas upon presentation of an active Mocs
Card. Locker room and shower facilities are available for members' convenience. An
operating schedule for the recreational use of this facility is published and posted
prior to the beginning of each semester.