Mocs Card Photo Submission
The Mocs Card online photo submission enables eligible students to upload a picture to be used on the student ID card known as the Mocs Card instead of waiting in line to have your picture taken in the ID office.
Undergraduate Student Photo Submissions
Eligibility: undergraduate freshmen and transfer students who have registered for an Academic Orientation Program are encouraged to submit their photo online.
In most cases, online photos must be submitted at least 2 business days prior to orientation. You can check photo deadline dates here.
You will pick up your completed Mocs Card during orientation in the ID office. You
must know your UTC ID number or you will NOT be able to pick up your Mocs Card. If you have questions about these requirements,
you can call our office at 423-425-5444, Monday – Friday 8am – 5:00pm or email us
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your first Mocs Card is free each replacement card is $15.00.
Photo Submission Criteria
Your photo must meet the criteria outlined to be accepted. All photos are subject to approval.
- Take a new photo.
- Stand in front of a smooth, light background, such as a white wall.
- Use good lighting. Photos that are dark, overexposed, or show glare on glasses will not be accepted.
- Face forward and look at the camera.
- The photo should be a centered and front-facing headshot that doesn't need to go below the shoulders.
- Use a color photo in jpg format
- Make sure your eyes are open and visible
- Crop the image to just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- Use pictures with social media filters
- Wear sunglasses or other item that will obscure your face
- Use pictures that are blurry or have a glare
- Use scenic backgrounds
- Use overexposed or underexposed photos
- Group photos
- Inappropriate expressions
- Use Senior portraits or Graduation photos
- Use professional pictures
Below are examples of photos that should not be submitted.
Click here to log in and submit your photo
To submit your online photo you may also follow the Passport Photo Guidelines found here