Welcome to the Office of University Relations
We're here to help you.
The Office of University Relations shapes the image of the University. We can help devise a communication strategy to best meet your goal.
The Office of University Relations:
- Takes the many stories and activities of the University and communicates them as a consistent message of academic quality and accessibility.
- Updates internal audiences on campus events, policy, ongoing initiatives, and more.
- Uses social media a way to reach external and internal audiences.
- Offers photography and videography services to promote campus activities and events.
- Serves as the coordinating office in communicating with internal and external audiences in crisis and emergency situations.
- Employs a variety of external media in communication of the University's stories.
- Develops and ensures the proper presentation of the University's visual image through publications and promotional materials.
- Supports student recruitment, fund raising, and community awareness through marketing efforts, including advertising, publicity, publications, and other media.
- Serves as a resource for the campus in the development of marketing materials and in acquiring publicity.
- Serves as a campus resource in the planning and implementation of special events and projects as opportunities arise.
- Determines the visual image and offers content support for the University's online presence.
- Offers a way for faculty and staff to communicate to campus colleagues with an email blast. To send a message on utcinfo: send the announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send the message exactly as you wish it to be read by those on the listserve; no editing can be done once the item is submitted. Use plain text; add no attachments or graphics in the email. Write a creative subject line. After University Relations approves the email it will be distributed to all faculty and staff.