U.C. Foundation Associate Professor: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Areas of specialization: Continental Philosophy (esp. Phenomenology), Philosophy of Psychology, Feminist Theory
Areas of competence: Aesthetics, 19th Century Philosophy
- The Child as Natural Phenomenologist: Primal and Primary Experience in Merleau-Ponty’s Psychology. Evanston, Illinois: Northwestern University Press, 2013.
- Translation: Child Psychology & Pedagogy: Maurice Merleau-Ponty at the Sorbonne, Maurice Merleau-Ponty. Evanston, Illinois: Northwestern University Press, 2010.
- “Healthism and the Bodies of Women: Pleasure and discipline in the war against obesity.” The Journal of Feminist Scholarship, 1, Nov., 2011. [peer-reviewed] http://www1.umassd.edu/jfs/issue1/articles/welsh.html
- “Merleau-Ponty on Cultural Schemas and Childhood Drawing.” In Critical Communities andAesthetic Practices. Eds. Francis Halsall, Julia Jansen, and Sinead Murphy. (Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer, 2011.)
- “The Developing Body.” In Intertwinings: Merleau-Pontian Reflections on Body, World and Intersubjectivity. Ed. Gail Weiss. (New York: SUNY Press, 2008) pp. 45-59.
- “Child’s Play: Anatomically Correct Dolls and Embodiment.” Human Studies, 30 (3), 2007, pp. 255-267 [peer-reviewed]
- “Primal Experience in Merleau-Ponty’s Philosophy and Psychology.” Radical Psychology, 6 (1), 2007. [peer-reviewed] http://www.radpsynet.org/journal/vol6-1/index.html
- “From Gestalt to Structure.” Theory & Psychology, 16 (4), 2006, pp. 527-551. [peer-reviewed]
- “Do Neonates Display Innate Self-Awareness? Why Neonatal Imitation Fails to Provide SufficientGrounds for Innate Self and Other-Awareness.” Philosophical Psychology, 19 (2), 2006, pp. 221-238. [peer-reviewed]
- “The Retentional and the Repressed: Does Freud’s Concept of the Unconscious ThreatenHusserlian Phenomenology?” Human Studies, 25 (3), 2002, pp. 165-183. [peer-reviewed]
- Translation: “Science as the New Religion” Paul Valadier. Nietzsche and the Philosophy of Science. With Lysane Fauvel. Eds. Babette Babich and Robert S. Cohen (Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1999) pgs. 2241-252. [translation]
For more, please visit my academia.edu page: