The Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BIS) degree helps UTC to further meet the educational needs of our diverse community. The degree program attracts individuals who have previously earned credit hours and wish to complete a degree as well as individuals whose educational goals are not met by traditional degree offerings. The degree program has two separate concentrations in Integrated Studies and in Professional Studies.
Students interested in an on-campus individualized course of study should consider the Integrated Studies Concentration. In this concentration, students select two or three areas of study to integrate together.
Working adults who desire an online degree completion program might find the Professional Studies concentration ideal to fit their busy schedule. Also known as the Achieve Degree, the Professional Studies Concentration has a specific course design, with pre-selected integrated courses, which allows students to graduate in as little as five semesters.
- BIS: Integrated Studies: Integrated Studies - This concentration is designed for on-campus students. Interested students should visit the Integrated Studies website and watch the information video about the program. The video can be found under the “Getting Started” link. After watching the video, students should complete the BIS Questionnaire. The questionnaire will help students to focus their educational and career goals. Completed questionnaires should be emailed to the BIS Director with a request for an advisor. Students entering the program with earned hours must complete the questionnaire and contact the program coordinator during the first semester.
- BIS: Integrated Studies: Professional Studies - Interested students should visit the website for the UTC Achieve Degree and read about the program. They should also complete the Interest Form to request more information from the Program Coordinator
- BIS: Integrated Studies: Integrated Studies: Admission to the program is granted when the student course plan is approved by the Integrated Studies Committee.
- BIS: Integrated Studies: Professional Studies: Students approved for admission to this program will meet the following requirements:
* have completed general education requirements
* have completed 60 undergraduate semester credit hours
* have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0
* submit a written statement describing relevant professional work experiences and a rationale for pursuing the degree program.
Admission to the program is granted pending approval of the secondary application is available on the website on UTC Achieve Degree Website.