Information for Students
M.S. students in Mathematics are required to choose a faculty advisor and complete an area of application, internship, or thesis. This page is designed for students who might be interested in asking me to be their advisor. Below, you will find a brief list of suggested literature, external sources, and electronic forms.
Students may find these books to be of interest:
- Analysis (2nd Edition) by E. Lieb and M. Loss, AMS, 2014.
- Functional Analysis by P. Lax, Wiley, 2002.
- Linear Operators in Hilbert Space by J. Weidmann, Springer, 1980.
- Mathematical Methods in Quantum Mechanics (2nd Edition) by G. Teschl, AMS, 2014.
- Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators by T. Kato, Springer, 1980.
- Unbounded Self-Adjoint Operators in Hilbert Space by K. Schmüdgen, Springer, 2012.
- Advice to a Young Mathematician
- Co-op and Internship Opportunities
- Polya's Problem Solving Techniques
Mathematics M.S. Forms:
Advisor Form: Electronic Version
Project Form: Electronic Version
Individual Studies Contract: Electronic Version