Thursday, November 4
- Dinner at the Read House, Chattanooga, TN
Friday, November 5
- Continental Breakfast (Signal Mt. Room, University Center, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga)
- Opening Remarks from meeting conveners and university spokespeople
- Conference participants will give papers, or simply discuss their current research (15 minutes each participant)
10:45 -12:15 p.m.
- The participants will continue to deliver papers or other presentations regarding the Antebellum and Civil War Press (15 minutes each participant)
- Luncheon in the Heritage Room, University Center
- Roundtable discussion regarding the feasibility of a full-scale conference on the Antebellum and Civil War Press and the First Amendment
- Free time (opportunity to visit Aquarium, etc.)
- Dinner (pickup at Read House)
Saturday, November 6
9:00 a. m.-3:30 p. m.
- The discussion continues within a university van while the group visits Chattanooga’s historic Civil War sites (box lunch will be served)