Common Myths about Learning...
How many do you believe?
- Everyone starts with the same base of knowledge about a particular subject.
- Everyone learns at the same pace.
- Everyone learns best by listening.
- Everyone will bridge naturally from theory to application.
- Everyone should learn on his or her own rather than in collaboration.
- Learning is the transfer of knowledge from a teacher to a passive learner.
- "We don't remember information totally; we reconstruct the way information connects to [other] information,"..."That means learners have to reconstruct the interconnectors or forget what they've learned in a short time. The stuff you remember is what you use to make the interconnections."