Quality Matters Course Certification Process
A course must be submitted for an official Quality Matter review to become a Quality Matters certified course. Before submitting your course for an official Quality Matters review, courses should either be developed to meet the Quality Matters rubric standards, or be revised to specifically meet the requirements of the Quality Matters rubric if the course is already developed.
1. The following items must be met before an official external Quality Matters review begins:
- Complete the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) workshop. Make sure that you save your certificate of completion.
- Review the Quality Matters rubric and make modifications to your course to address the Specific Review Standards. Add your course to a sandbox - moving forward, all QM certifications will be done in Canvas. If you need a sandbox, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete a formal self-review in the Quality Matters Course Review Management System. In the recommendation section, provide detailed information of how a course has met each standard. Contact the Walker Center for instructions on how to complete a self- review or watch the QM Self Review Tool tutorial video.
- Ensure that all course documents, materials, activities, and assessments are available to students in the course sandbox. Textbooks (electronic version preferable) must be available to reviewers.
- Ensure that all course materials are in an accessible format (e.g. video captioning).
2. To begin an official external Quality Matters review:
- Once the above steps have been completed, click here to access and submit the Quality Matters Course Certification application form.
- Fill in all fields on the application. You will need to attach a copy of the course syllabus.
- Once submitted, an approval request will be sent to the Department Head and Dean. Once approved, a senior instructional developer from the Walker Center will review the application and advise the course representative through the certification process.