Easy as 1, 2, 3...
1. Create your syllabus using the syllabus template
To use the syllabus template form, copy and paste from your existing syllabus into the boxes, or type directly into the boxes. You may add additional content as well. Insert lists of items, such as student learning outcomes, using a bulleted list or a numbered list so they are easily navigable (enter these lists under the form boxes).
There are Quality Matters standards addressed in the syllabus template:
- Modality (indicate if the course is face-to-face, online, or hybrid); this should match the official course schedule.
- Technology Requirements for Course
- Technology Skills Required for Course
- Technology Support
- Course Grading:
- Course Grading Policy
- Instructor Grading and Feedback Response Time
- Student Conduct Policy (with link to Student Handbook)
- Honor Code Pledge
- Course Participation/Contribution
- Course Learning Evaluation – this was requested by Faculty Senate’s Student Rating of Faculty committee.
2. Save your syllabi with the naming convention
To aid in retrieving your syllabi from UTC Learn, please use the naming convention as follows:
Save the syllabus file as a .doc file (not .docx) as this is the most accessible Word format.
You can also save the file as an accessible pdf.
3. Upload your syllabi to UTC Learn
To upload your syllabi to UTC Learn Canvas, follow the steps in the tutorial. Links to the syllabi are not acceptable; a file should be uploaded.