Easy as 1, 2, 3...
1. Create your syllabus using the syllabus template
To use the syllabus template form, copy and paste from your existing syllabus into the boxes, or type directly into the boxes. You may add additional content as well. Insert lists of items, such as student learning outcomes, using a bulleted list or a numbered list so they are easily navigable (enter these lists under the form boxes).
There are 13 Quality Matters standards addressed in the syllabus template. The new items in the template for Fall 2017 are:
- Modality (indicate if the course is face-to-face, online, or hybrid); this must match the official course schedue.
- Technology Requirements for Course
- Technology Skills Required for Course
- Technology Support
- Course Grading:
- Course Grading Policy (previously, only the grading scale was required)
- Instructor Grading and Feedback Response Time
- Student Conduct Policy (with link to Student Handbook)
- Honor Code Pledge
- Course Participation/Contribution
- Course Learning Evaluation – this was requested by Faculty Senate’s Student Rating
of Faculty committee.
2. Save syllabi with the naming convention
To aid in retrieving your syllabi from UTC Learn, please use the revised naming convention for fall 2017 course syllabi as follows:
DEPT.COURSE NUMBER.CRN.SYLLABUS.FA17. Here are a couple of examples:
If you teach a part of term course in Fall 2017, please indicate so at the end of the file name. For example: SOC.1510.46200.syllabus.fa17.pt2.doc
Save the syllabus file as a .doc file (not .docx) as this is the most accessible Word format. You can also save as an accessible pdf.
3. Upload your syllabi to UTC Learn
To upload your syllabi to UTC Learn, please follow the steps in the tutorial.