High-Impact Practices Development Grants Awarded
- Betsy Myers, Department of Physical Therapy, "Sports Performance," $492.60.
- Elicia Cruz, Occupational Therapy Department, "The Orange Grove Center and UTC OT Community Health Collaborative," $1328.88.
- Drew Bailey, Department of Health and Human Performance, "Outdoor Education Day," $2000.00.
- Yvonne Dunham Slobodenko, ESL Institute, " Class Trip to New Echota: Exploring Cherokee History," $200.00.
- Kevin Doyle, Counselor Education Program, "UTC Counselor Education Research Symposium," $250.00.
- Carey McCormack, History Department, "Paleo Skills Workshop,"1786.70.
- Rik Hunter, English Department, "Digital Book World Conference," $2000.00
- Susan Eckelmann Berghel, History Department, "Class Trip to the Civil Rights Institute in Birmingham, AL: Civil Rights Exhibits & Local Sights," $2000.00
- Ethan Mills, Department of Philosophy and Religion, "Halloween Philosophical Horror Film Festival," $425.39
- Shane Ward, Art Department, "Poetics of Collaborative Translation: The Poem as Spatial Rendering," $1923.50
- Elizabeth O'Brien, Counselor Education Program, "Psychological Wellness Course," $420.00
- Amanda Durall, Department of Health and Human Performance, "Community Based Adapted Fitness," $719.28
- Trevor Elliott, Department of Mechanical Engineering, "UTC Rocket Mocs STEM Outreach and Rocketry Certification," $2000.00
- Priscilla Simms-Roberson, School of Nursing, "Med Bag Review in Action," $1930.00
- Eun Young Kim, Interior Architecture and Design Department, "Class Trip to Lighting Workshop," $1969.90
- Clayton Jones, English Department, "Aquarium Research Tour and Floatable Monitoring Serve Project," $800.00
- Liz Hathaway, Department of Health and Human Performance, "Empowering Public Health Students to Impact the Chattanooga Community," $970.00
- Christina Vogel, Art Department, "Artist Alexis Callender Visits UTC Art," $1583.00
- Christina Vogel, Art Department, "En Plein Air: Painting the Landscape from Within," $2004.00
- Eric Hungenberg, Department of Health and Human Performance, "Exploring MiLB Fan Nostalgia: A Neuroscience Approach," $2,000.00
- Ann Buggey, "Women and Textiles: New Workshops and Increased Community Involvement," $811.88
- Spring Kurtz, Sheena Monds, Tracye Pool, Women's Studies Program, "Serving To Shelter: A Social Justice Service Learning Opportunity To Help Shelter Victims of Domestic Violence and Homelessness," $1113.56
- Luke Manget, History Department, "Cades Cove Museum of Environmental History," $1000.00
- Tonya Miller, Interior Design Department, "Virtual Reality for Enhanced Visualization of Interior Design," $2000.00
- Krysta Murillo, School of Education, "Bridging Community and School Partnerships for Education Students through Organized Family Nights," $800.00
- Katie Hargrave, Art Department, "Observational Drawing in the City: Artist Susanna Bluhm to visit Art 1050: Observational Drawing," $1651.00
- Andrew O'Brien, Art Department, "Indexing the City: Photography, Artist Books, and the Everyday," $1,843.85
- Jonathan Yeager, Department of Philosophy and Religion, "Religion, Spirituality, and Fly Fishing," $875.27
- Erin Melhorn, Occupational Therapy Department, "Creating Moderate and High Complexity Assistive Technology Devices," $939.91
- Rik Hunter, English Department, "Chattanooga Food Desert Informational Campaign," $871.75
- DeAnna Beasley, Department of Biology, Geology, and Environmental Science & Astri Snodgrass, Art Department, "Intentional Observation in Science and Art," $1870.98
- Drew Bailey, Department of Health and Human Performance, "Expeditionary Learning Spaces in Public Schools," $2,000.00
- Clayton Jones, English Department, "Tennessee River Gorge Exploration and Floatables Monitoring," $1,500.00
- Drew Bailey, Department of Health and Human Performance, "Adventure Playground & Low Ropes Construction," $2,000.00
- James Arnett, Tiffany Mitchell, Sarah Einstein, Immaculate Kizza, English Department; Jordan Amirkhani, Katie Hargrave, Art Department; Heather Palmer, Tracye Pool, Sheena Monds, Marcie Noe, Women's Studies Department; Gaye Jeffers, Division of Theatre & Speech; Susan Eckelmann, History; Shewanee Baptiste-Howard, Department of Health & Human Performance, "Lemonade: The Lecture," $1,100.00
- Rik Hunter, English Department, "Writing Beyond the Academy," $700.00
- Daniel Loveless, Department of Electrical Engineering, "Undergraduate Research Experience in the Space Sciences," $1,897.00
- Michael Thompson, History Department, "Urban Slavery Field Trip, Charleston, South Carolina," $2,000.00
- James Arnett, English Department, "Refugees, At Home in Chattanooga: The Transnational (African) Novel," $1,220.00
- Ann Buggey, Women's Studies Program, "Women and Textiles: Workshops and ATCs (Artist Trading Cards)," $1,997.50
- Billy Jackson, Math Department, "Preparing Future Teachers for the K-8 Classroom," $2,000.00
- Rebecca Jones, English Department, "Developing a Graduate Magazine," $600
- Cecelia Wigal, Department of Mechanical Engineering, "UTC Design for Independence," $2,000.00
- Jennifer Danos, Art Department, "UTC/UGA Sculpture Student Exhibition Exchange," $786.76
- Katie Hargrave, Art Department, "Animated Drawing Screening," $1,897.16
- Susan Eckelmann, History Department & Jordan Amirkhani, Art Department, "Student Class Trip to Spelman College's Museum of Fine Art," $1,330.00
- Spring Kurtz, Women's Studies Program, "The Activist-Enhanced Classroom," $1,869.70