Tennessee STRONG Act: Tuition Reimbursement Program
The Tennessee STRONG (Support, Training and Renewing Opportunity for National Guardsmen) Act establishes a pilot program to provide eligible members of the Tennessee National Guard tuition funding toward a first-time bachelor's degree for the next four years through a tuition reimbursement program.
The STRONG Act provides educational opportunities for those who protect and serve the state and country and supports Tennessee's Drive to 55 initiative and its goal of 55 percent of Tennesseans with a post-secondary by 2025.
- Reimbursement for up to 120 credit hours or eight semesters
- Applies to pursuit of an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree
- Eligible National Guard members can apply upon successful completion of basic training
Student Step-by-Step Guide
- Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance.
- Submit a copy of your completed TN STRONG ACT Packet to UTC Veteran Student Services every semester you intend to use benefit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Veteran Student Services will complete Section IV Enrollment Certification Form and Return to Student.
- Submit completed application packet to State Tuition Assistance Manager via email within 90 days of end of term.
- After semester ends, Veteran Student Services will send Section VII Form, final transcript, and itemized bill to State Tuition Assistance Manager.
- Once approved and processed by TA Manager, TN STRONG ACT sends reimbursement payment to UTC Bursars Office.
- Repeat process every semester you intend to use TN STRONG Act.
Documents and Information