UTC Green Zone
A campus-wide network of support for veteran students.
Join us for our next training:
Next training session TBA.
Green Zone Training
Training to help faculty, staff and students provide supportive services necessary to ensure that veteran students are successful in their academic pursuits, adjust to the campus environment and eventually transition to civilian employment.
Request information from VSS@UTC.EDU
The Green Zone program is designed to give students a way to recognize faculty and staff who have been trained to be resources and allies for student veterans and active service members. We are here to support you.
Green Zone...What is it?
- An initiative to support student veterans by designating locations recognized as “safe places."
- Identifies faculty and staff at who are knowledgeable about issues faced by student veterans and resources available to assist them.
- Participants are identified by a Green Zone emblem located outside their office door and, for faculty, on the course syllabus.
- A way to support and give back to those who have sacrificed for others.
- Helps faculty and staff provide supportive services necessary to ensure that veteran students are successful in their academic pursuits, adjust to the campus environment and eventually transition to civilian employment.
Who is a Green Zone volunteer?
- UTC staff and faculty who identify themselves as:
- someone who is aware of the issues and concerns faced by student veterans/service members
- someone who is available to assist the student
- someone who has completed the Green Zone training
- Volunteers are NOT expected to be experts who can “solve” the problems. Instead-
- lend a sympathetic ear
- be someone who can help the student find the appropriate resources for problem resolution