Getting Started Checklist
Decide which Department of Veterans Affairs Education benefit or Tuition Assistance type you intend to use.
Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits:
Submit $30 non-refundable fee, ACT or SAT scores, high school and college transcripts to Admissions
Students who have served in the military are not required to provide proof of immunizations, but veterans must provide proof of military service (DD-214, Military ID, etc.) Learn more →
- Visit Admissions Office page for UTC Residency appeals, waivers and discount information.
- VA Out of State Waiver
- Yellow Ribbon Program (Post 9/11 Out of State Students)
- Credit for Military Service
- Reconnect: Academic Credit for Military Experience
- See if Your Credits Transfer
Submit documents by email or through secure vault at vault.utk.edu to firstname.lastname@example.org
Veteran or Service Member
Entitlement Document (Certificate of eligibility, application, confirmation email, eBenefits screenshot, W.A.V.E., Right Now Web).
Dependent or Spouse
Entitlement Document (Certificate of eligibility, application, confirmation email, eBenefits screenshot, Right Now Web)
Vocational Rehabilitation Education
Authorization and certification form 28-1905.
- Federal Military Tuition Assistance
- TN STRONG ACT (State Military Tuition Assistance)
- TBR Veterans Dependents Post-Secondary Education Assistance
- Back to List
Military/Veteran Student Groups
- Veteran Student Lounge
- Veteran Student Services Computer Lab
- VA Work Study Program
- Technology for Veterans Program
- Discount Sticker
- BAH Calculator
- GI Bill® comparison tool
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- Ask VA a question
Add us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up-to-date with our events, services and helpful tips.
- Request More Information-VSS Inquiry Form
- Email VSS (email@example.com)
- Request Phone, Email, Zoom Appointment
- Send Secure Email/Documents to VSS (firstname.lastname@example.org)