We have a large collection of images available for departments to use on their websites and in marketing materials. This gallery includes images of students in classrooms, on campus, and participating in various student activities, common campus areas and buildings, and the Chattanooga community. A smaller collection of broad-topic campus images is available to faculty and staff on the server. Directions on how to access this collection are in the sidebar. A larger collection is held and managed in the Office of University Relations.
If interested in stock university images, faculty and staff can access them by connecting to the shared drive as follows:
- PC: open disk O:\All Employees\University Photography; or Open Computer, choose Map Network Drive from the menu, O:\AllEmployees\University Photography
- Mac: in Finder, choose menu item Go, Connect to Server. For OSX 10.6-10.8, enter smb://data.utc.tennessee.edu; for OSX 10.9 or greater, enter cifs://data.utc.tennessee.edu, click Connect, then navigate to: depts > shared1 > All Employees > University Photography
- Linux: connect to smb://data.utc.tennessee.edu, then navigate to: depts > shared1 > All Employees > University Photography. If you are asked to enter a domain during the login process, specify UTC as the domain
Request a Photograph
If you don’t find the image you’re looking for in the available online collection or are an outside institution/entity, please email Jaimie Davis with an idea of what you need, including size, orientation, and usage for the photograph(s).
If you need photography services, please fill out the request form to the right. Provide as much information as is currently available and please plan ahead. If you have questions, email Jaimie Davis or call 425-4656. As a courtesy, it is preferred that you contact her at least two weeks before your class, event, or photo deadline. Please be aware that her schedule varies greatly due to evening and weekend photo shoots and she is often away from the office, so she may not be able to get back to you immediately.
Services offered include:
- Marketing images of students participating in hands-on classroom/lab/internship activities; these can be on or off campus
- Environmental headshots and portraits of faculty/staff/students for websites, research projects, publications, etc. (we currently do not have the space or equipment for studio headshots)
- Documenting events that are historically significant to the university
- Special requests are considered on an individual basis
There is no charge to an individual or department for these services.
If Jaimie is unavailable, you may be able to borrow a high-quality, point-and-shoot camera from our office. Email Mary Donoso or call 423-4363, to get more information.