Vaccination Requirements for Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19
Free flu vaccinations will be available on campus over the next two weeks.
Vaccinations will be given in front of the University Health Services building.
- Wednesday, Oct. 14 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 16. from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 23 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The vaccinations are available to students, faculty and staff, but you must show a valid UTC ID.
If the case of inclement weather, vaccinations will be given at the Vine Street entrance to Maclellan Gym.
The vaccinations are in the form of nasal spray and cannot be given to everyone for medical reasons. The vaccine can be given to non-pregnant people ages 18 through 49. You cannot take it if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction after a previous dose of influenza vaccine or have any severe, life-threatening allergies
- Have a weakened immune system
- Have taken influenza antiviral medication in the previous 48 hours.
- Care for severely immunocompromised persons who require a protected environment
- Have asthma
You will be asked about all of these before you are given the vaccine.
To expedite your visit, please review the following documents and bring them when you receive your vaccination:
Important to Note
- The UT Board of Trustees approved an emergency resolution authorizing UT System to require the flu vaccine and possibly the COVID vaccine if one is developed and recommended by the CDC and Tennessee Department of Health.
- The CDC has noted the flu vaccine will be more important than ever during the 2020-2021 flu season.
- Students and employees may request an exemption to vaccine requirements.
- The immunization must have been received after August 15, 2020. The flu vaccine requirement is due by December 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST. If you have not satisfied the requirement by this time, you may receive an immunization hold on your account.
- All members of the campus community will need a flu shot unless they receive an exemption.
- The flu shot requirement is based on the advice of public health experts.
- The flu vaccine is available now. Members of the campus community will be asked to have the shot before the start of the spring semester in January 2021.
- Flu vaccinations can be obtained at local health departments, any health care provider, and many pharmacies. In addition, the campus will set up opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to receive flu vaccinations on campus in various pop-up clinics starting October 1.
Student Flu Vaccine Submission Information
- Student's Full Legal Name
- Student's Date of Birth
- Proof of Immunization Given
- Date the Student Received the Vaccine
- Healthcare Provider's Name and/or Office Giving the Vaccination along with Facility Contact Information