The Beyond the Classroom Challenge
The Beyond the Classroom Challenge is a way for students to jump into a broad variety of FREE campus and community events, learning more about UTC, Chattanooga, and themselves—all based on their own schedules and interests. Check out this week's List of Events here.
How does the Beyond the Classroom Challenge work?
- Sign up at Orientation or in Library Office 431 or 433 to receive a weekly list of the best events on campus and in the community. Email email@example.com or call 425-5825 or 425-4118 to make sure we're here when you come.
- Complete the Beyond the Classroom Challenge by December 3, 2019 (Reading Day) in one
of two ways:
- Fully Participate and Reflect on 10 Events
- Complete any designated point earning Experience then fully participate and reflect on 5 events.
- Complete a Post-Challenge Reflective Survey and turn in a photo by the last day of exams-December 10, 2019.
Why take the Beyond the Classroom Challenge?
- Each event will help students get to know UTC and Chattanooga and figure out where to get more involved.
- All ThinkAchieve events are free!
- Complete the Challenge and receive the Beyond the Classroom Challenge Award, which includes:
- A pictorial award signed by UTC's Chancellor, Steve Angle
- A celebratory dinner with your fellow award winners
- Priority registration during registration period of the following semester
- All points accumulate toward being recognized as a ThinkAchieve Graduate.
- Read what students say about their participation.
Note 1: to cut down on unnecessary email, only students signing up each semester will receive the weekly list.
Note 2: The Beyond the Classroom Award and benefits can be earned up to two times for a maximum of 40 ThinkAchieve points.
Our Experiential Learning Staff:
Bengt Carlson Juniper Desilvis Jeff Martin Lisette Perez Paige Pulford