UTC Level II Arboretum
Welcome to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Arboretum.
An Arboretum is a place where a diverse collection of trees and shrubs are cultivated for scientific, educational, and ornamental purposes. The UTC Arboretum serves the Chattanooga community by providing a special place that conserves and displays the plants that enhance Chattanooga's Urban Environment.
The heritage of the UTC urban forest includes trees that pre-date the campus. Within the 120 acre campus there are nearly 2,000 trees and woody plants represented by more than 60 species. A specimen of each known species is labeled. The location of each tree can by found using the map below.
Thanks to many individuals and organizations that helped create the UTC arboretum:
- UTC Students: Student Green Fee
- UTC Faculty and Staff
- Dept of Biology, Geology, and Environmental Sciences
- UTC Environmental Task Force
- UTC Department of Facilities Planning and Management
- UTC Alumni and Friends
- Chattanooga Division of Urban Forestry
- Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs
- Tennessee Urban Forestry Council