Study Abroad Pre-Departure Checklist
You can locate this form on your UTC study abroad portal (Terra Dotta) page; the form can also be found on our Documents and Forms page.
Students are required to upload course pre-approval forms by scanning and uploading their file onto the secure Terra Dotta website through this link.
This form complements the course pre-approval form and only needs to be completed if you are taking language course(s) during your program—this includes any beginner/introductory language course as well, even if it will just count as elective credit for you.
To confirm that all your UTC financial aid is in order, you need to meet with UTC Financial Aid office.
Remember, the financial aid office can’t give you much information unless your most recent financial aid/FAFSA paperwork is complete.
You will be provided with details on the International SOS registration steps at the Study Abroad 103: Pre-Departure Orientation session.
Please thoroughly review the International SOS/UTC website.
On this site you should complete the following:
1. Courses found through the Training Hub section
2. Register your trip through MyTrips. Please note, you can also forward your flight itinerary to UT-CTravel@itinerary.internationalsos.com and your flight information will be uploaded to the MyTrips portal (so you will not have to manually enter your trip).
3. Review active alerts, travel advice, security advice, disease & prevention, etc for your given study abroad country.
4. Review eGuide: Intro to Membership.
5. Download the Assistance App to your phone.
On this website you can also access a copy of the International SOS/UTC membership card. You will be provided with a hardcopy card during Study Abroad 103.
Some students register for UTC classes as a "back up" to study abroad or exchange plans.
Students will be charged for these credits separately, and in addition to, the study abroad/exchange program, if still registered for them when the UTC billing cycle begins.
Similar to UTC class registration, students who are signed up for on-campus housing or a meal plan during the study abroad/exchange program term will be charged separately, and in addition to, the study abroad/exchange program.
The Center for Global Education needs a copy of every study abroad student’s passport prior to departure.
Students can now upload these files onto his or her profile page on our secure website here.
This checklist item is for your safety.
Our office requires students to do this prior to departure.