Cultural Ambassador Program
What is a UTC Cultural Ambassador?
What would I do as a Cultural Ambassador?
• Send welcome notes to new international students;
• Attend the new international student orientations and each new exchange student orientation lunches in August and January;
• Attend the various social outings planned for the incoming exchange students;
• Assist with UTC’s involvement with the Chattanooga Culture Fest in October;
• Help plan and attend campus cultural events;
• Represent UTC study abroad/international/NSE programs at select off-campus international and cultural events- e.g. Culture Fest;
• Speak at our office’s information presentations to students, parents, high schools, etc;
• Plan student ambassador led events for UTC’s international/cultural week, WorldFest;
• Provide culture-related articles from your exchange experience for UTC’s Exchange web site, International Student Organization’s online newsletter and for the ECHO;
• Help us man tables at special UTC events (orientations, admissions events, family weekends, etc.);
• Provide additional ideas for promoting and increasing student exchange awareness on campus;
• Nominate future student ambassadors;
• Provide our office with ideas for additional functions of the ambassadors.
What would I get out of my participation as a Cultural Ambassador?