In order to best serve you, we ask that our patients call to schedule appointments in advance. Appointments can be made Monday through Friday by calling (423)425-2266.
-Information needed for your appointment:
- Arrive for your appointment 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you are late to your appointment, you might be asked to reschedule.
- Bring your Mocs ID & insurance card to every visit.
- Login to the Medicat Patient Portal and complete all required forms for your appointment.
- To cancel your appointment, login to the Medicat Patient Portal and click 'cancel my appointment' on the home screen. Please cancel at least 6 hours before your appointment.
- To reschedule an appointment, call the office at (423)425-2266
For most acute, but not urgent needs, appointments are usually scheduled within 24-48 hours.
Walk-in morning appointments (urgent care only) will be seen and or scheduled IF there is availability during the hours of 8:30-11:30 during the regular semester hours. (Fall/Spring semesters)
- Urgent Care Definition: Medical care necessary for a condition that is not life threatening, but that requires treatment that cannot wait for a regularly scheduled clinical appointment because of the prospect of the condition worsening without timely medical intervention.
*We are closed between 12-1 for lunch. If you need to speak to someone during that time, leave a voicemail and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. In case of an emergency, please call 911 or visit one of the emergency rooms listed on the right hand side of the page.
- Treatment of acute illnesses
- Treatment of chronic illnesses
- Well-Woman exams
- Physical exams (Excluding NCAA sports physicals.)
- STI evaluations
- Select immunizations.
- Allergy Shots
- IV rehydration
- Physical Therapy - Sponsored by UTC Department of Physical Therapy
-Fees and Payments
In general, UTC students may utilize Student Health Services at no cost. In the event that a clinic visit requires a physical exam, labs, or any additional testing, the student will incur charges and is expected to pay for any charges on the day the services are provided. The fee charge is based on the cost to the center. We accept campus points using your mocs card, cash, or check, Visa, or Master Card. We do not bill insurance for our services, however your insurance information is needed at time of service for any possible referrals or lab work.
Our receptionists are vital to our practice, however, they are not trained medical personnel and cannot answer questions regarding your medical care. Any questions about your medical treatment, medications, lab results, or other concerns should be directed to our nursing staff. If the nurses are unable to answer your questions, your chart will be reviewed with our practitioners and any information will be relayed to you as quickly as possible.