In order to better serve you we ask that our patients schedule appointments in advance. SHS does accept walk-in patients if we have availability, however we are normally booked for the full day by early morning. Patients with appointments are seen first except in emergency (urgent care) situations. Appointments can be made Monday through Friday by calling 423-425-2266. For routine care, we can schedule up to two weeks in advance.
- For most acute, but not urgent needs, appointments are usually scheduled within 24-48 hours.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your first visit to complete the paper work. You may also access these documents on the SHS website and complete them prior to arrival.
- Please bring all current medications, whether prescription or over the counter, to each visit.
- Please have your insurance card(s) with you at each visit for billing of labs, diagnostic testing or referrals.
- Treatment of acute illnesses
- Treatment of chronic illnesses
- Well-Woman exams
- Physical exams (Excluding NCAA sports physicals.)
- STI evaluations
- Allergy Shots
- IV rehydration
- PHYSICAL THERAPY - New Service, sponsored by UTC Department of Physical Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
Our receptionists are vital to our practice. However, they are not trained medical personnel and cannot answer questions regarding your medical care. Any questions about your medical treatment, medications, lab results, or other concerns should be directed to our nursing staff. If the nurses are unable to answer your questions, your chart will be reviewed with our practitioners and advice will be relayed to you as quickly as possible.
Student Health Services encourages the development of responsible health care habits by holding students accountable for their decisions regarding class attendance. Therefore, medical excuses will not routinely be issued for missed classes or examinations. However, in cases of severe illnesses requiring an extended recovery period we will provide a written statement. These statements are provided on an individual basis. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate directly with the instructors. Instructors will decide whether the students may make up work missed and what effect the absences may have on the requirements of the course.
Fees and Payments
There is no charge to students for appointments at Student Health Services. If your visit requires additional exams, tests, or labs, the student is expected to pay a fee for these services. The fee charged is based on the cost to the center. Payment is expected at time of service. We accept campus points using your mocs card, cash, or check, Visa or Master Card. We do not bill insurance for our services, however your insurance information is needed at time of service for any possible referrals or lab work.