Kim Alan Wheetley Interdisciplinary Scholarship
Two annual scholarships are available each academic year with awards not exceeding $1000 per student. In accordance with University policy, the annual scholarships shall be open to all applications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status, subject to the following criteria:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and have completed their sophomore year of study.
- Applicants must be pursuing interdisciplinary study in which one discipline is an art form.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- A student holding the scholarship in one term shall have preference in subsequent terms.
- Financial need may be considered.
- Applicants must write a 300-word essay on how this scholarship would advance their educational and career goals.
- A letter of support from a sponsoring faculty member in each of the disciplinary areas is required.
All application materials must be sent to Laurie-Melnik@utc.edu by February 15th during the spring semester each academic year. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Award notices will be sent out by April each spring semester.
For questions and additional information, please contact Laurie Melnik, Executive Director, Southeast Center for Education in the Arts, at email@example.com