What to do if a class is closed:

If you are trying to get into a class that is closed and has a waitlist feature in Banner, you must use that procedure.  You will be notified by email if a spot opens up.  If the class has a waitlist on Banner, the Department CANNOT do an override.  You must use this system.

If there is not a waitlist on Banner, there may be occasions where you can get an override.  While the Department does not keep waiting lists for closed classes, some individual instructors may do so.  If you are trying to register for a class and that class is closed, you will need to get permission from the instructor teaching the class.  They will then send an email to Mrs. McGee, the Departmental Administrative Assistant who will open up a spot for you in the class via Banner.  Give her a day or so to complete this process.  She will send you an email when she has completed the override.  Then you will register for the class just like any other class.  You usually do NOT need approval from the Department Head as long as the instructor has approved the override.

Students who need particular courses to graduate should make every effort to pre-register and ensure that they meet other fee deadlines and university rules to ensure that they keep their seat in a specific course.  Fire marshals and other regulations/laws forbid us from letting students in courses where there are no seats in the classroom so students need to plan ahead according to their graduation schedule/plan.