2020 Title IX Team Training Materials
UTC's Title IX Team members participated in University of Tennessee system-wide training facilitated by Grand River Solutions on August 5-6, 2020.
The training addressed the following required elements of the 2020 Title IX Regulations:
- The definitions of Prohibited Conduct included in the University’s Policy;
- The scope of the University’s education program or activity;
- How to conduct the grievance process outlined in the Policy and Appendices (including investigations, hearings, appeals, and informal resolution processes);
- How to serve impartially (including avoiding conflicts of interest, personal biases, and prejudgment of the facts of a matter); and
- How to evaluate relevance for evidence, relevance questions in the hearing, and drafting investigative reports that fairly summarize the evidence.
UTC's Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence and Stalking Team members participated in a policy training facilitated by Title IX Coordinator Stephanie Rowland on September 14, 2020.
The training addressed the following:
- The new policy on Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating and Domestic Violence
and Stalking, including:
- New definitions for prohibited conduct
- How the grievance process works
- Investigation timeline
- Equal access
- Title IX and Title VII
- Supportive measures and interim actions
- Alternative resolutions