The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education Program Background Check Procedures for Students
The State of Tennessee and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education Program requires you to undergo a Tennessee/TBI fingerprint-based background check. Please follow the steps below:
- Prior to being fingerprinted, complete and sign a Fingerprint Release Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that the form is complete and signed before sending. If you cannot use the digital signature feature, then you will need to print out, sign and send the scanned document as an attachment.
- Search by State: Tennessee
- Select Digital Fingerprinting
- Our agency name is “Non-DCS Child Care/Adoption Providers.”
- Applicant type: “Child Related Worker Volunteer (Private).”
- The ORI number for UTC is TNCC33059.
- Either enter zip code or on the map select the number 3 (green).
- Select your location, date, and time for your appointment
- Be prepared to show a valid photo ID to the fingerprint staff on your printing date.
- After you get fingerprinted, they will give you a small square receipt (see picture below)***. You must email a copy of this receipt (taking a picture of it is fine) to email@example.com. You must put your UTC ID on the copy of the receipt. We will not search for your results unless we have received a copy of your receipt with your UTC ID clearly written on the top. The requirement will not be met until your clear results have been received by the SOE.
***NOTE: You will receive a confirmation email about your appointment, we do NOT need this information; just your receipt after you get fingerprinted.
Professional Liability Insurance
To apply for Professional Student Liability Insurance:
Each insurance option has different expiration dates, please check before purchasing. For example, if you buy your insurance from the Bursar’s office, it ALWAYS expires on May 31st for that school year.
Join one of these organizations and you will automatically get the insurance, but in order for this requirement to be fulfilled, you must provide a copy of the receipt to Doris Roensch in 312 Hunter Hall. You may scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Liability Insurance). You must include your UTC ID on the receipt.