The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education Program
Fingerprinting and Background Check Procedures for Students
The State of Tennessee and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education
Program requires you to undergo a Tennessee/TBI fingerprint-based background check.
Please follow the steps below:
- Prior to being fingerprinted see Doris Roensch in 312 Hunter Hall and sign a Fingerprint Release Form (under forms).
- Search by State: Tennessee, then follow the online directions
- Our agency name is “Non-DCS Child Care/Adoption Providers.”
- Applicant type: “Child Related Worker Volunteer (Private)”
- The ORI number for UTC is TNCC33059.
- Either enter zip code or on the map select the number 3 (green)
- Select your location, date, and time for you appointment
- Employer Name and Address: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga, TN 37403 ATTN: Dr. Renee Murley, School of Education Dept 4154
- Be prepared to show a valid photo ID to the fingerprint staff on your printing date.
- You must bring a copy of the receipt to Doris Roensch in Hunter 312. You may scan and email a copy to Doris-Roensch@utc.edu. You must put your UTC ID on the copy of the receipt. We will not search for your results unless we have received a copy of your receipt. The requirement will not be met until your clear results have been received by the SOE.
Professional Liability Insurance
To apply for Professional Student Liability Insurance:
Each insurance option has different expiration dates, please check before purchasing.
Join one of these organizations and you will automatically get the insurance, but in order for this requirement to be fulfilled, you must provide a copy of the receipt to Doris Roensch in Hunter 312. You may scan and email to Doris-Roensch@utc.edu (subject line: Liability Insurance). You must include your UTC ID on the receipt.