Injury or Illness

If you become aware of a seriously ill or injured person, you should:

  1. Call the Campus Police at 911 or 423-425-HELP (423-425-4357
  2. Give the police as much information as possible about the injury or illness and the location of the victim
  3. Do not attempt to move a seriously injured person
  4. Remain with the person until the police or emergency medical personnel arrive

If the injured person is an employee, contact their supervisor and the Human Resources Office (423-425-4221)  as soon as possible.

Non-Emergency ‘On the Job’ Employee Injuries

Any employee, regular or term, or a student worker while “on the clock” for UTC, who sustains a job-related, non-emergency injury or illness in the course of employment with the University, should call the Benefit Specialist at 423-425-4452 or the Office of Human Resources at 423-425-4221 before seeking medical treatment.  Go to the Human Resources Workers' Compensation website to review procedures, find a provider in the network, and gain access to all of the forms you need to complete your documentation of the injury.  Remember, necessary forms must be completed and returned to the Office of Human Resources within 48 hours of the injury.