Graduate Diversity in STEM Visitation Program
The Graduate Diversity in STEM Visitation Program serves with the intent of increasing the enrollment of underrepresented minorities students interested in STEM masters degrees.
- You’ll visit UTC for 2 days — at minimal cost to you — to explore and experience graduate education at the Chattanooga campus.
- You’ll have time to network with current graduate students and faculty in your program of interest.
- You can take part in opportunities to question existing URM graduate students about life and work at UTC, as well as down time for social events.
GDVP 2020 Program Dates
April 14-15, 2020
Graduate Degrees of Interest include:
- Computer Science, M.S.
- Data Analytics, M.S.D.A
- Engineering, M.S. (multiple concentrations available)
- Computational Science, Ph.D.
- Environmental Science, M.S.
- Mathematics, M.S.
- Seniors 2.75 GPA; Juniors 3.0 GPA
- Underrepresented Minorities: women, African Americans, American Indians/Alaska Natives, and Latinos
- Personal Statement Letter no more than 2 pages
- 2 letters of recommendation
- GRE scores (if taken)
- Cannot currently have an application on file
Email Loren Bass, Recruitment and Marketing Coordinator for The Graduate School, at [email protected].
The Master's as the New Bachelor's Degree: In Search of the Labor Market Payoff
American Enterprise Institute
The economic value of earning a master's degree varies considerably by the subject matter of the degree:
- The greatest income gains were in business, information technology, engineering, and real estate.
- Gains in earnings over a bachelor's degree were minimal in philosophy, art, and early-childhood education.
Back to Basics: Caroline Donsbach’s passion for helping others ‘do’
Ashwyn Sam: Full-ride Knight-Hennessy scholarship pays for three years at Stanford
Chronic autoimmune disease doesn’t block student from master’s degree
UTC Graduate School accepting applications for first-ever Diversity in STEM Visit
OT students bond with students who have intellectual disabilities