RESEARCH Dialogues 2019
The UTC ReSEARCH Dialogues conference celebrates Scholarship, Engagement, the Arts, Research, Creativity, and the Humanities. This two-day, signature event features student and faculty pitch competitions, poster and podium presentations, and creative performances. Held each spring, ReSEARCH Dialogues is the largest academic conference on the UTC campus. The event showcases the scholarship and creative endeavors of more than 600 UTC faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, and staff from all campus programs and disciplines. In addition, members of the local Chattanooga community are invited to participate as pitch competition judges, event volunteers, presenters, and conference guests. The event is free and open to the public.
Are you affiliated with a local business, school, nonprofit, or other community organization? There are numerous ways to participate in ReSEARCH Dialogues. Learn more HERE
WHEN: Tues. April 9 and Wed. April 10, 2019
WHERE: UTC University Center
|Registration Form Available||Fri. Nov. 30|
|Registration Deadline to Present at ReSEARCH Dialogues||Sun. Feb. 24|
|Notification of Acceptance||Early March|
|ReSEARCH Dialogues||Tues. April 9 and Wed. April 10|
Ways to Participate
UTC faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students may participate in poster, podium, panel, and performance presentation sessions. Presentation in multiple formats is highly encouraged! In addition, the event will feature faculty and student pitch competitions.
Will feature individual or group research posters, creative works, models, and other interactive modes of communication. Poster sessions will be scheduled on both days of the conference.
Will feature individual or group oral and visual presentations. Podium presentations will be scheduled on both days of the event. Sessions will be moderated.
Will feature individual or group performances in music, theatre, dance and other creative formats. Sessions will be moderated.
Will feature opportunities to present a new topic and get feedback on aspects of a current research project or creative endeavor. Sessions will run no more than 30 minutes in length.
Other Ways to Participate
- Encourage your undergraduate research advisees to present.
- Promote the event within your department, college, or unit.
- Encourage your students to attend and/or bring your class to the event.
- Moderate a podium, panel, or performance session.
- Attend a plenary lunch during ReSEARCH Dialogues on Tues. April 9 or Wed. April 10, 2019
- Attend the ReSEARCH Dialogues Reception on Wed. April 10, 2019.
- Promote the event within your department and college.
- Attend ReSEARCH Dialogues on Tues. April 9 and Wed. April 10, 2019.
- Volunteer at ReSEARCH Dialogues! Sign Up.