URaCE/Center for Global Education International Conference Presentation Award
Do you want to share your research globally? The Office for URaCE has partnered with the Office of Study Abroad to support students presenting their research at international conferences. This is an exciting opportunity to share your research with a global audience.
Support is available to currently enrolled, full-time students in all disciplines and levels of study, who have been accepted to present their research at an international conference. Please read the eligibility requirements below carefully before submitting an application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive support.
- Currently enrolled, undergraduate status with an active UTC email address and student ID#
- Full-time, degree-seeking status in good academic standing
- Must be registered in at least one UTC on-campus course
- If you are applying for summer funding you must be registered for fall classes. NOTE: This award is available for fall/spring travel only. Contact the Office for URaCE for more information.
- Applicant must be the first author on the submitted abstract or listed as co-author if the faculty mentor is listed as primary author.
- Applicant must have applied for and been accepted to present prior to submitting a presentation travel application (Conference acceptance documentation must be submitted with the funding application).
In order to receive the travel award, travel must be arranged (paid for) by URaCE and CGE. Travel reimbursements are not allowable.
NOTE: If you are travelling to a country with a level 3 or 4 travel advisory you are NOT eligible for this award.
Students who receive an URaCE travel award must:
- Present their research project at the annual UTC Research Dialogues Conference.
- Submit an URaCE Undergraduate Research testimonial form.
- Submit a presentation reflection essay.
- Complete a Center for Global Education post-study abroad blog about your conference experience.
Airfare and a Study Abroad scholarship (if applicable). See below for further details.
A maximum of $2,500 in Travel Award. Two options are available:
- If the airfare is MORE than $2,000 the entire award will be applied to the cost of the airline ticket (maximum $2,500.)
- If the airline ticket is LESS than or up to $2,000 awardee is eligible to apply for a Study Abroad travel scholarship in the amount of $500.
- The Center for Global Educationwill work directly with the student traveler to arrange airfare.
- In order to receive the award, travel must be arranged by CGE. Travel reimbursements are not allowable.
- If your travel situation fits option #2 above, apply for a Study Abroad scholarship HERE
If you are travelling to a conference during the FALL semester: application deadline is August 1.
|If you are travelling to a conference during the SPRING semester: application deadline is November 1.|