Yes, you as the student still have the right to view your record. However, a monetary hold prevents the university from releasing your transcript until the debt is paid and the hold is cleared by the responsible department/office.
Grades are never released over the phone. You may obtain your grades by:
- Logging into your MyMocsNet account and click 'My Final Grades' if you are a current student.
- Logging into your MyMocsNet account and click ' Unofficial Transcript' if you are a current student.
- Logging into your MyMocsNet account and click 'MyMocsDegree' if you are a current student.
- Ordering a transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse.
The University will not disclose personally identifiable information from a student's education records without the prior written consent of the student, except as authorized by FERPA. Those exceptions can be found here.
- Yes, you can complete a Request to Withhold Directory Information form. A confidential flag will be placed on your record alerting school officials not to disclose any of your directory information.
- The confidential flag will be on your record until you revoke your previous request.
- If this confidential flag is on your record during graduation, your name will not appear in the commencement program.
Your parents do not have access to your education records unless prior written consent is given via the Authorization to Disclose Information (FERPA) form.
Without this completed form on file with the Office of the University Registrar your parent cannot receive information about your record from the Bursar's Office, Financial Aid, Registrar or any other department or office that maintains any education records.
Students who complete this form are giving authorization to the university to release personally identifiable information to the individuals designated on the form.
This form does not allow the authorized individual(s) to make decisions or process transactions on the student's behalf. Students are not required to complete this form. Students choosing to complete the Authorization to Disclose Information form, must login using their UTC ID and password to verify their identify in order to submit the form electronically.
If completed by the student, university officials will not disclose directory information, this includes enrollment and degree verifications. This form is not required.
The confidential flag will remain on the student's record until the student reinstates the release.