Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 49, Chapter 7, Part 13, relative to the Tennessee Veterans Education Transition Support Act 
Enacted March 29, 2017

Eligibility Requirements:

A veteran or other individual eligible to receive educational benefits administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, through any provision of the United States Code, shall not be required to pay out-of-state tuition or any out-of-state fee when the veteran or other individual is:

  1. Enrolled in any public institution of higher education in this state;
  2. Utilizing such benefits at the enrolling institution; and
  3. Living in the state of Tennessee, regardless of the individual's formal state of residency

To determine eligibility, the following is required:

  • Most students meet (1) and (2) eligibility requirements by being enrolled at UTC and providing current VA educational benefit documentation to School Certifying Official.
  • In order to verify you are (3) living in the state of Tennessee, we require one of the following in-state documents:
    • driver’s license
    • voter's registration
    • copy of a lease or mortgage agreement
    • UTC Housing & Residence Life Contract agreement AND the document showing your name, term, and acceptance status (obtained from Housing department).

Please submit documentation to the School Certifying Official at 117 University Center, by fax to 423-425-2172, or by email to cmvastaff@utc.edu